Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by Tpek, May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Yikes, had fun with the start.  Grabbed me tighter than Farcry 4. Going to give it a go after work tomorrow.  Wondering how many of my students will pester me about if I played it during the day.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tpek

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 27, 2018, 01:49:50 AM
Yikes, had fun with the start.  Grabbed me tighter than Farcry 4. Going to give it a go after work tomorrow.  Wondering how many of my students will pester me about if I played it during the day.

What do you work as?

Jarhead0331

You guys are all omitting Far Cry Primal from your reviews of the series...gee, wonder why?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 05:13:29 AM
You guys are all omitting Far Cry Primal from your reviews of the series...gee, wonder why?  :crazy2:
It was a bold move but I skipped it. A guy at work played it and loved it. The subject matter didn't appeal to me at all though
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

Thanks fellers. I have to admit being curious about Far Cry Primal - looks interesting.

If you have red dingleberries see a doctor.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MC

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 27, 2018, 05:33:07 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 05:13:29 AM
You guys are all omitting Far Cry Primal from your reviews of the series...gee, wonder why?  :crazy2:
It was a bold move but I skipped it. A guy at work played it and loved it. The subject matter didn't appeal to me at all though

Same here. Just doesn't interest me and I played the first three. The fourth one is on my list once the gold version hits $19.99. After that I will jump to #5.

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 05:13:29 AM
You guys are all omitting Far Cry Primal from your reviews of the series...gee, wonder why?  :crazy2:

Me caveman, you Jarhead!

Ooga-Booga!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 05:13:29 AM
You guys are all omitting Far Cry Primal from your reviews of the series...gee, wonder why?  :crazy2:

Forgot it existed, and I don't really think of it as being FC. Never played it anyway (despite being a solid proponent for its release); just too many other things to do. I may get it on sale eventually.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Tpek on March 27, 2018, 04:45:07 AM

What do you work as?

History teacher.  Previously AP High School, currently (and hopefully not for long) middle.  Kids all know I'm a gamer and to them that's kind of weird and cool at the same time.  They pester me about every game that comes out.  I don't discuss games with this kind of content with them though, so yeah, I've had to deflect questions. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Its getting very positive reviews on steam...I'm a little surprised. AAA titles often get reviewed harshly by the peanut gallery.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 04:28:11 PM
Its getting very positive reviews on steam...I'm a little surprised. AAA titles often get reviewed harshly by the peanut gallery.

Metacritic too, which is a real shocker. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2018, 04:28:11 PM
Its getting very positive reviews on steam...I'm a little surprised. AAA titles often get reviewed harshly by the peanut gallery.

i sense a purchase coming:)

hope to play some tonight....

Grim.Reaper

Well, so much for playing tonight....my install was messed up, now I have to redownload...gosh darn it!

Gusington

Watch the salty language!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd