Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on July 04, 2017, 10:09:27 AM
Final purchases made....spent more than intended. I refuse to go back onto Steam until the sale is over!  Command Op's 2 DLC Foothills of the Gods,  Command: Modern Air/Naval add-on Northern Inferno, and Sow: Waterloo DLC Ligny.

Why" so you can then buy games at a higher price that would have been on sale?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2017, 06:33:30 AM
Final purchases made....spent more than intended. I refuse to go back onto Steam until the sale is over!  Command Op's 2 DLC Foothills of the Gods,  Command: Modern Air/Naval add-on Northern Inferno, and Sow: Waterloo DLC Ligny.

Why" so you can then buy games at a higher price that would have been on sale?  :crazy2:
^ his logic cannot be faulted!
Alba gu' brath

CJReich46

I folded.

I did get Homeworld Remastered on GOG.com

but I decided to get Darkest Dungeon. Figured why not?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

WallysWorld

Two last minute purchases: To End All Wars: Breaking the Deadlock and the new and not on sale The Golf Club 2. Bought the latter because TGC Tours which I belong to are switching to the newer game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

sandman2575

Yeah, I was trying to hold off but caved on UG Civil War and the discounted DLC bundle for Gal Civ III.

Knew I couldn't get through a Steam sale without buying anything. Just ain't possible...

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 05, 2017, 06:33:30 AM

JH...your logic touched my wallet, grabbed Xenonauts for $7 and change.

JasonPratt

Quote from: DennisS on July 04, 2017, 10:11:08 AM
I broke. XCom2 for $14.86. I played many versions of xcom, including the original many, many hours. Probably my favorite game of all time not named Railroad Tycoon II.

I didn't buy any expansions, and haven't yet downloaded any mods from the workshop.

Help me out here, folks...what are the non-optional mods or DLC's for this, if any? Thanks in advance.

The XC2 expansions are cosmetic I think up until later this summer, when the first proper content DLC will come out.

The most essential mod no doubt is Long War 2. But spend some time in the base game first.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, from memory...

Homeworld: Emergencalysm or whatever the rename is called now. Not a Steam sale, but it released at the same time.
A couple of small DLC for Warhammer: Total War that I hadn't gotten yet.
Warfighter for TTS.
Insurgency four-pack, one installed one already given out.
Rebought Space Hulk: Deathwing -- which I played with --budd-- last night. Game balance remains broken, really needs two or more players. With two players it's probably impossible without one being the medic and one being the tacmarine (for the instant resurrection of the medic).
Space Beast Terror Flight four-pack, one installed and one already given out. Blatantly Aliens, and though still in beta its reviews are much happier with it than with Deathwing. Runs on a potato at just over 550 megs, too.
Farming Simulator: 2017 no dlc yet.
Rebought The Guild 2: Renaissance while it's super-cheap, since Steam fans are still updating it for polish.
Settlers 7: the subtitle subtitle. It may destroy my Ubisoft install.
Deep Rock Galactic not on sale, but an alpha from Jarhead.
Graviteam's Tank Warfare: Tunisia or whatever it's called. I came close several times to pulling the trigger on Mius Front, too, but decided I could wait until after I had messed with this.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a few games.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

With the Steam Summer Sale now over, here's my damage report:

* Warhammer Total War DLCs:
   - Call of the Beastmen
   - The Grim and the Grave
   - The King and the Warlord
   - Realm of the Wood Elves

* Mordheim DLCs:
   - Hired Swords DLC Bundle 1
   - Hired Swords DLC Bundle 2
   - Witch Hunters
   -  Undead

* Batman Telltale adventure game

* Watchdogs 2 Gold edition

* Assassin's Creed Syndicate DLC:
   - Dreadful Crimes (purchased using Steam Wallet money made by selling extra copies of Steam trading cards)

Total damage: $112.25

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

Nothing, nada, zilch. I made it!!!!!  <:-)

I had no money fer games anyway after Origins.....  :buck2:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 05, 2017, 12:30:12 PM
Nothing, nada, zilch. I made it!!!!!  <:-)

I had no money fer games anyway after Origins.....  :buck2:

You did have quite an Origins haul.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Tpek

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 05, 2017, 12:26:39 PM
TPEK IS ONE OF USSSS

What do you mean?
I was always an insane game-purchaser.

I've currently got more games than I could possibly remember.

I think of all the people I know, only JH has more games on Steam than I.

mirth

Quote from: Tpek on July 05, 2017, 01:06:12 PM
I think of all the people I know, only JH has more games on Steam than I.

I'm not sure I'd take that bet. Not with this group of degenerate gamers.