Game of Thrones Season 7

Started by MetalDog, July 01, 2017, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

He jumped in to help Brandon and the girl after Hodor died.

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Marty Ward

I wonder what will happen to old Theon.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 21, 2017, 04:59:21 AM
They should've just put red shirts on those other dudes with the party going north.

Read the recap on foxnews.com and they described all the other dudes that got killed early as red shirts also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tuna on August 21, 2017, 07:24:42 AM
Did we see BenJen again recently, and what was the circumstances, I forget..

He saved Bran and Meera after their escape from the "Hodor" cave.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 21, 2017, 08:42:18 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 21, 2017, 07:24:42 AM
Did we see BenJen again recently, and what was the circumstances, I forget..

He saved Bran and Meera after their escape from the "Hodor" cave.

That's it! Thanks, sometimes you forget the lil pieces.

BanzaiCat

Jesus Christ, these people are nitpicking making jokes about a make-believe world?  ::)

Leave your brain at the door and enjoy it for what it is - pure entertainment.

We watched it Saturday, thanks to the HBO hackers, but re-watched it last night. ;D

mirth

So does this Ice Dragon stuff happen in the books? Or is the show too far distant from them now to know?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

They left the books and started writing their own stuff quite a while back now.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on August 21, 2017, 06:05:28 PM
So does this Ice Dragon stuff happen in the books? Or is the show too far distant from them now to know?

Nope, none of this is in there, at least not yet. The show is way beyond the books now. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

BanzaiCat

Damn, I'd hoped they'd be following the books more or less. Now I gotta wonder WTH is going on in the books...I made it about three books in to the series before I stopped.

mirth

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 21, 2017, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 21, 2017, 06:05:28 PM

Nope, none of this is in there, at least not yet. The show is way beyond the books now. 

That's what I thought. Not that I know much about either.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

SirAndrewD

Quote from: BanzaiCat on August 21, 2017, 06:40:31 PM
Damn, I'd hoped they'd be following the books more or less. Now I gotta wonder WTH is going on in the books...I made it about three books in to the series before I stopped.

I'm not sure Martin is ever going to finish the books.  It looks like he's got a serious case of writers block and has had one for a couple of years at this point.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

It must be tough for him though the way the show has taken off. It went from his baby to so much more.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on August 21, 2017, 07:00:23 PM
It must be tough for him though the way the show has taken off. It went from his baby to so much more.

That's part of it I'm sure.  Another part is that there are so many more characters in the books that they follow.  Not even ones that just never showed up on the show, but there's a lot of characters that are dead and gone on the show that are alive in the books.

He's created so many threads that need closing that it's going to be hard to put them all together in just two books.  And consider that he's only produced one book during the run of the show, and is currently also writing on other things and working on other projects. 

My wife is a serious fangirl of the novels, and she's essentially given up.