SCOTUS upholds entire Health Care Law...

Started by Staggerwing, June 28, 2012, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

son_of_montfort

LOL! I have to post this. It's a collection of twitter posts of people unhappy with the SCOTUS upholding Obamacare and saying... wait for it... they are moving to Canada!

Think about that one a moment:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-moving-to-canada-because-of-obamacare
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Steelgrave

^SIGH....please, please tell me this is a joke thread.....

If not, I hope they vote before they leave, at least. They're good to go after that. Maybe if Canada is too cold for them, they could try good ol' France afterwards. SIGH.....

son_of_montfort

Hey, and don't worry, if you didn't like the SCOTUS decision, CNN actually reported it was struck down first!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/cnn-gets-obamacare-decision-wrong
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Barthheart

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! We don't want'em.   :o

And besides, it's a tax up here as well...  :P

Shelldrake

Quote from: Barthheart on June 29, 2012, 07:35:39 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! We don't want'em.   :o

And besides, it's a tax up here as well...  :P

+1  ;D
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Mr. Bigglesworth

Yeah, they should go to China. I hear you are basically on your own over there. Chew some dried creature.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

I have to say I admire Roberts for keeping the judiciary politically neutral. He refused to vote as a conservative, he voted as representing a higher purpose.


There is a good article on him at the economist. It has his picture giving a very penetrating hawk like stare into the camera. Impressive.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

joram

Quote from: son_of_montfort on June 28, 2012, 02:46:18 PM
I like how that Tea Party sign is redundant.. And uses Communist colors.  :P


Too funny.  The only thing that made me laugh more than that in this entire thread was ...

Quote from: son_of_montfort on June 28, 2012, 09:11:24 PM
LOL! I have to post this. It's a collection of twitter posts of people unhappy with the SCOTUS upholding Obamacare and saying... wait for it... they are moving to Canada!

Think about that one a moment:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-moving-to-canada-because-of-obamacare

I know this is already yesterday's news but two things.  I heard on the news (I'm sure there's a printed article somewhere) that when people are polled on the individual clauses within the Health Care Act, the majority of them approve of every clause.  When people are then polled on 'Obamacare' in it's totality, the majority of people disapprove. So much for rationalism.

Second:
Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on July 01, 2012, 03:01:26 AM
I have to say I admire Roberts for keeping the judiciary politically neutral. He refused to vote as a conservative, he voted as representing a higher purpose.


There is a good article on him at the economist. It has his picture giving a very penetrating hawk like stare into the camera. Impressive.

Maybe I'm cynical but I believe this was an entirely political move.  And consistent with many other politically driven decisions. What better way of setting up the administration to fail than upholding it as a tax.  If they just outright struck it down, then the whole issue would be dead and over.  Obama still kept his word on what he would deliver and would simply retool it to address the judges concerns.  Now, they can use this as proof of a tax on people to claim Obama is lying to the people and use it as ammunition for the upcoming election.  I think it was particularly cunning and devious of Roberts!

LongBlade

Quote from: joram on July 06, 2012, 08:47:00 AM
Maybe I'm cynical but I believe this was an entirely political move.  And consistent with many other politically driven decisions. What better way of setting up the administration to fail than upholding it as a tax. 

You might have a point. Lincoln once said that the best way to get rid of a bad law is to enforce it strictly.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.