PC Game Covering The Crusades?

Started by Gusington, July 20, 2017, 08:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Wow I really thought there had to be something out there I didn't know about. I guess I was too hasty in uninstalling M2TW.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I have a small strategy indie game set in the times of the Crusades but it isn't really good. Have to check at home how it's called but i guess it's hard to find anyway (old and not great). Something like a board game.

Gusington

Not really a ringing endorsement there but I'm curious what it is.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

#18
I found a video...don't know how hard it is to find it.



In the comments, there's a link to a downable version of the game (and it seems with some fixes). Will test it (i do have the original dvd at home).

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Anguille on July 21, 2017, 10:16:33 AM
I found a video...don't know how hard it is to find it.



In the comments, there's a link to a downable version of the game (and it seems with some fixes). Will test it (i do have the original dvd at home).

Fixed link.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Yeah, the game seems to be a german product though it seems to have different languages (English as well).

PS: thanks for fixing the link.

spelk

I could have sworn I'd played an RTS yonks ago that had The Crusades in it, somewhere.. but racking my brain all I keep coming up against are

Praetorians, Warrior Kings and Celtic Kings... hmmm.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Well, it wasn't Warrior Kings, or at least not the upgrade/remake/sequel Warrior Kings: Battles. That's a rather fun 3D RTS on godawful huge maps, with medieval flavor, but it isn't the crusades. It's more like paladins vs pagans.

Praetorians was Roman, obvs, and I think so was Celtic Kings from the same group. (Also Nemesis of the Roman Empire.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Raied on July 21, 2017, 03:38:41 AM
The king's crusade is decent its fun for few hours only. I can suggest you a Northern Crusade if it interests you: Real Warfare 2 Northern Crusade http://store.steampowered.com/app/202860



The developer folded before they finished patching it, unfortunately.

Had such potential, too.  :-\

DennisS

Quote from: Anguille on July 21, 2017, 04:30:05 AM
Knights of Honor is also still there.... ;)

This would be my call as well. Very under-rated title, surprising in its complexity and playability.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!