Main Menu

Hello FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, July 21, 2017, 05:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hofstadter

I got my new driving instructor, hes much better than the last. Focuses on the test routes a more intensivly than my last, felt he was less results based so decided to switch.

For games I am trying to avoid Overwatch, the cancer is addictive. I want to go back to Dark Souls 3, but I feel like with a game thats so heavily tied in content with its online community, its lifespan died a long time ago....can't go back to it I think. Playing Shogun 2, got back into that. I really hate the start game of most of the factions, as youre literally just trying to game the system to figure out whos going to attack you first, then play it from there.

Also played a bunch of Squad last night, I really want to record it, but my frame rate tanks. I got this british dude as my SL, it was so strange, the dude sounded like he came from an Oxford grammar school. Had no idea if it was a meme or not, but gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawddamn I can't listen to that voice without wanting to teamkill
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

A.) Got my final Churchill ep finished, uploading this afternoon after work.

B.) Played some Scourge of Getty, too; the UI was so different it took me a good ten minutes to remember how to assign orders. Fortunately, we accidentally made the opponent only bring his artillery, so we bungled into an early win.  ::)

C.) A substantial amount of DoW:Soulstorm last night, helping train a new player on his orks.

D.) Working on re-unlocking all the monsters in Godzilla: Save the Earth now that I've ported it, sort of, to my PC.

E.) Got one Alea Jacta Est turn sent back; would have been at least one more, but I didn't realize I had received a turn.  :-[ I'm starting to suspect that movement orders in this game are meant to be loose suggestions that you hope may sort of come true someday. ... ....... realism?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on July 21, 2017, 10:52:10 AM
I'm going to spend some time learning how to play Atlantic Fleet and Order of Battle:Kriegsmarine. Other than that, it's the usual Red Orchestra 2 and Cold Waters.

Like to know of Kriegsmarine is worth purchasing.

airboy

Quote from: Toonces on July 21, 2017, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: airboy on July 21, 2017, 05:08:41 PM
I shot 3 rounds of 5 stand (clays with shotgun) this morning.  I played Star Realms time sucker on PC.  I'm going to play another scenario of Skulls & Shackles Pathfinder tonight.  Tomorrow I'm writing Call of Cthulhu scenario.

Busy man.

Although "Star Realms time sucker" has kind of confused me...   ???

Star Realms for the PC is almost hypnotic and can suck away time.

Sir Slash

I managed to complete Mysteries of Westgate a user-made add-on for Neverwinter Nights 2. I'm a sucker for anything TSR/D&D and this hit the spot just right. Probably nobody still playing this old game but despite her flaws and showing her age, she's still a fun little romp.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

So, getting to the meat of my HoI4 game playing as Germany. Basically delayed WWII until '41 which caused Italy to form its own faction, France to go red and as right now only Japan joined the fascists. I would be worried however the US has yet to join the allies.

Goal right now is to steamroll France, and then focus on the soviets and Japan has declared on them. I built up a sizable fighter force and a smaller naval bomber force so while the U.K. technically has superiority I am losing maybe 1-2 subs or destroyers for every capital ship (heavy cruiser or larger) of theirs.

I have not seen them try any invasion spam. Overall I am liking the Oak patch.
Insert witty comment here.