FRIDAY'S Big Brown Beaver

Started by Jarhead0331, July 28, 2017, 04:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331



Once again, I find myself rolling into the weekend not knowing what the hell I will  be playing. Should be interesting. Hope everybody has a good one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


HoodedHorseJoe

I'm playing Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun on PS4 & then trying to work through Valkyria Chronicles on Steam so I finally can say I've completed it (as I mentioned on another thread, bought it way back when it first launched on PS3, but never finished it).
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

jamus34

1) yay for good music.


Let's see if I have time, which between family obligations and work is unlikely, I plan to finish my HOI4 game, maybe start another, continue farming for my Monk in diablo 3 and maybe some Fallout4 / Witcher 3 / Skyrim
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Primus!! Nice. Continuing with Dishonored 2, maybe fire up Arcanum, and I hope to rummage through my basement and find my copy of Rise of Legends. Might reinstall Thief: Deadly Shadows too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Home alone so food delivery, alcohol, board games, solo RPG setup, music, TV, and maybe a game of Civilization 6 with the new patch.  <:-)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

JH: thought I was having a nightmare watching Howdy Doody on crack.  :buck2:  Gaming this weekend will include HoI4  and taking care of my wife recovering from recent hip replacement surgery.

Gusington

Hope Mrs. Rayfer feels better soon.

bbmike can I come over?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

1.) Car shopping has taken up all my free time after work this week, and will likely continue another day or two (crimping my multiplayer plans, not incidentally.  L:-) )

2.) Prepping to mp Time of Crisis on Vassal with other Grogs.

3.) Getting at least one turn, maybe more, of the Alea Jacta Est game vs W8 and Tuna. (This should be very doable, since it only takes me 20 or 30 minutes to scan through everything and do a turn. I've just been wiped out this week between early shop summer hours and driving around West TN. I hate car shopping -- I'd much rather drive what I own into the ground -- but that isn't practical.)

4.) Hopefully, getting Turn 8 of DC:Blitz over to Barth.

5.) Teaching some newbies how to play the orks in Dawn of War: Soulstorm. (I very much want to do this, but may lack the time...  :'( )

6.) Blasting armor in Mechwarrior Online with one of my friends who's getting back into it. (Ditto.)

7.) ...wasn't I doing some Tabletop Sim things with various Grogs......?!?!?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM
Hope Mrs. Rayfer feels better soon.

bbmike can I come over?

Well, it is currently a Fortress of Solitude. But since your a Groghead, if you give the secret password, I'll let you in. Hint- it rhymes with urban.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Quote from: bbmike on July 28, 2017, 09:26:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM
Hope Mrs. Rayfer feels better soon.

bbmike can I come over?

Well, it is currently a Fortress of Solitude. But since your a Groghead, if you give the secret password, I'll let you in. Hint- it rhymes with urban.  :P

Wouldn't that be the secret key not password?
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Quote from: jamus34 on July 28, 2017, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: bbmike on July 28, 2017, 09:26:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM
Hope Mrs. Rayfer feels better soon.

bbmike can I come over?

Well, it is currently a Fortress of Solitude. But since your a Groghead, if you give the secret password, I'll let you in. Hint- it rhymes with urban.  :P

Wouldn't that be the secret key not password?

Yeah, but since I couldn't even spell you're correctly how did you expect me to get that right?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Got a visit to take on Saturday, but otherwise, will be playing some IAF Leader for review, and probably get out Dien Bien Phu again for more play time.

Gusington

I'm coming over anyway. Put some beer in the fridge and call the girls.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd