Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

Started by Nefaro, August 04, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blucher

Behold Saps the moment of Incline has arrived. The Cracker Jack programmer Cleveland Mark Blakemore has finally released his 20+ year masterwork.  Perhaps your lack of understanding how the game works is due to your lack of Neanderthal DNA* . Yeah I figure that now that more eyes are on this many bugs will be found. Allegedly Cleve had a few guys testing this for many years but I am not sure what is fact and fiction. Also there are rumors that this game is based on the original
Wizardry 8 Stones of Arnhem code. Cleve worked as a contractor for Sir Tech for some time. The entire Grimoire saga over various message boards and forums with
Cleves bizarre ramblings are as interesting as this relic of a game itself. Also here is Cleve's blog for those interested - http://vault-co.blogspot.com

*Please note that Cleve claims to have Neanderthal DNA that make him superior to the rest of us "Saps" (Homo-Sapiens).

Yskonyn

Never heard of the guy before, but its not hard to find eyebrow raising material about him, his views or his game at all.
His postings on the game's Steam Community Hub are full of self-promotion and over the top comments. Not sure if these are meant as being humoristic?
The statements about how his game is the second coming of gaming is pretty awkward if its not meant ironically.
But anyhow makes me having doubts about the quality of the game and it advertised bullit points (600+ hours of gameplay, really now).

Still, the love for the genre shines from its graphics and they are very nicely done pixelart.
It remains on my radar for now. Very curious about the size of the manual that should be released next week.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."


solops

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 05, 2017, 10:04:20 AM
Never heard of the guy before, but its not hard to find eyebrow raising material about him, his views or his game at all.
His postings on the game's Steam Community Hub are full of self-promotion and over the top comments. Not sure if these are meant as being humoristic?
The statements about how his game is the second coming of gaming is pretty awkward if its not meant ironically.
But anyhow makes me having doubts about the quality of the game and it advertised bullit points (600+ hours of gameplay, really now).

Still, the love for the genre shines from its graphics and they are very nicely done pixelart.
It remains on my radar for now. Very curious about the size of the manual that should be released next week.

Can anyone say Derek Smart ?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Rayfer

 A review of the game over on Rock/Paper/Shotgun.  Only way I would get this one would be during 90% off holiday Steam sale.  https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/09/grimoire-the-rpg-20-years-in-the-making-is-a-crazily-tough-nut-to-crack/#more-467847

Greybriar

The screenshots of Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar remind me very much of the early 90s games I once played. But I remember all too well those old games which, despite being very good, were not very user-friendly with their clumsy interfaces twenty-some odd years ago. If I wanted to reminisce I'd buy something like Westwood Studios' Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos or one of the numerous other great games from back in the days when DOS was king.

But this is 2017 and not 1993. So, like Rayfer, I think I'll wait until it's 90% off before I buy it...if I buy it at all.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Blucher

I think Wizardry VII with its clunky interface is another game to play if you were feeling like reminiscing