Main Menu

Union Friday Blues

Started by JudgeDredd, September 01, 2017, 01:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolfe1759

JD very good choice of songs although Blondie's true hotness only comes out when she is singing in French  :)

As to the gaming, I'm going to have a go at Stellaris again (with no DLC as yet), Last Days of Old Earth, a bit of Vietnam 65 and probably dip in and out of my current run of Smugglers V.

P.S. still resisting Battlestar Galactica but may give in to the Cylon influences before the end of the weekend.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

CJReich46

Well I am fortunate the kiddies go back to school next week (aside that I work longer weekdays  :uglystupid2:) So that means I'm not working on the weekends.

But this weekend I only work Saturday and after NOOOON, I am off till Tuesday!

But I have been off since Thursday, so I tried out Civil War 1863 by Hexwar on my tablet. Not bad. I like how they added pay for stuff in their game. I might try out their Roman War one.

I've been playing Polaris Sector a bit here and there too. I might have a go at Stellaris (I have yet to even finish a game of that)- might throw in a custom race or two as my "antagonists". Still No DLC in Stellaris either.

CK II has been kind of nagging at me for something different.


I thought about Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock but I have to pass at least until I upgrade my machine. The one I'm running is just too old.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

I KNEW there was a reason I used to love this time of year. Football and 'Back to School'.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The best Staples commercial ever has the dad dancing down the aisle at one of their stores to 'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year' - for back to school sales 😀
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2017, 11:54:22 AM
The best Staples commercial ever has the dad dancing down the aisle at one of their stores to 'The Most Wonderful Time of the Year' - for back to school sales 😀

Today wasn't bad. Wasn't too hectic, was a nice change of pace.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

I would chalk that up in the 'victory' column.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 01, 2017, 09:48:18 PM
I KNEW there was a reason I used to love this time of year. Football and 'Back to School'.  :D

  Looks like ARMAIII, BoS/M/K and maybe some Attila TW.

Gusington

I am enjoying this ten year old campaign much more than I should be  :coolsmiley:









✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2017, 09:23:05 AM
Also, my neck and back has been really bad over the last month and a half ...
Cut back on your bedroom shenanigans of swinging from the chandelier! Mrs JH might be impressed by that but no wonder you've got a bad neck and back! ^-^ ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on September 01, 2017, 02:03:07 PM
Continuing to smack around Fatimid Egypt as the Kingdom of Jerusalem in Medieval 2 Total War Crusades. 10 years on and it's still engrossing!
I still play it too, although I must confess I haven't played it for about 6 months or more. My Milanese campaign was going well, and like you say it's still engrossing.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

10 Field of Glory MP games including one with Anguille, and it looks like he's off to a good start.
SB:FWW Gallipoli 8 with Cyrano, who is kicking the proverbial out of my Anzac's with Johnny Turk.
Pike and Shot with Sauron - My Louis IXV French against his William of Orange Dutch
Warhammer 40K with Sauron - My Orks vs his Humies. Of course, the devious Frog is winning decisively, much to his glee and my discomfort.
WinSPWW2 with me playing 1940 French vs his 1940 Germans. Going the way of the historical result to Sauron's delight. (Revenge no doubt for me always thrashing him at Field of Glory).
Very tempted, but eventually passed on joining Yskonyn's Dominions 4 fight. He needs another player and it sounds like it will be a blast.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

The Kingdom of Jerusalem campaign has gone swimmingly. Played it almost the entire afternoon today  :buck2:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

With Saladin dead, I cracked the campaign wide open. But with the Egyptians reeling, the Seljuk Turks tried to gain the advantage by declaring a jihad on Jerusalem itself! How dare they. I held them off  :nerd:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

For a 10 year old game it still looks great to me. Maybe I am old fashioned. After beating back the Turks I built a cathedral in honor of our great victory  \m/

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...but the campaign appeared to still have some tricks up its sleeve  :-"

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd