Where am I? The Village

Started by besilarius, September 29, 2017, 08:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I thought the ending was brilliant, and the only real way the show could've and should've ended.   McGoohan was right in that a traditional "Bond beats Villain" ending would've been hollow.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

The ending certainly works within the general context of the series. It's hard to parse at a narrative level (except in a very superficial way perhaps), but that's sometimes true of the series, too -- just taken to the nth.

Drawing a C. S. Lewis comparison again, it kind of reminds me in various ways of the finales to the three books of his Space Trilogy, especially Perelandra and That Hideous Strength.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!