Lock 'n' Load - Heroes of Stalingrad news

Started by undercovergeek, July 10, 2012, 10:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

From the man himself - i dont know why but this appeals to me more than CoH:-

Yes, there is a scenario editor - as with the board game, you can use the maps and units that come with the game to create new scenarios.

As far as an update on progress: Mark, Tom and I are hard at work to make sure this is a 2012 release. We're working on getting the final interface in place now and preparing to integrate the multiplayer system. The actual gameplay and 95% of the scenarios are finished and in testing for balance and bugs.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Barthheart

Whoohoo!  :D

Yeah I beta tested CoH for a bit before life got in the way.... I found it dry but maybe because I've not played the board game. I've played and own almost all of the Lock 'n' Load series and they are great fun and fast playing. The scenarios give a great narative to the game play and you get attached to your units.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on July 10, 2012, 10:26:29 AM
Whoohoo!  :D

Yeah I beta tested CoH for a bit before life got in the way.... I found it dry but maybe because I've not played the board game. I've played and own almost all of the Lock 'n' Load series and they are great fun and fast playing. The scenarios give a great narative to the game play and you get attached to your units.

music to my ears BH

SgtRock

Another year and still no release, this one is becoming 82nd Airborne. Didn't Erik say the game was close to a release last year at this time?

GibbyG

Hi everyone,

You'll note that when we announced our schedule for the 4th quarter, we left some room open in late November and early December. Normally this is reserved for earlier scheduled releases that are delayed, but if those release slots remain open, we can also add in additional releases. The plan was to try to get Lock 'n Load into one of those last two release slots. Unfortunately, the bad news is that it looks like we'll need them for some earlier releases. The good news is that Lock 'n Load looks like it will be very close to release status sometime before Christmas, so we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point. We're going to pick an exact date in January over the next few weeks and you'll see some promotion starting on Lock 'n Load before January, increasing as we get closer to the release date.

Apologies for one more delay, but the game is in good shape and this should be the last delay. We plan to have this be our featured release to start 2014 and I can say that with very high confidence. 

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 10/7/2013 4:37:36 PM >   

Staggerwing

Quote from: challerain on November 17, 2013, 01:32:53 PM
Hi everyone,

You'll note that when we announced our schedule for the 4th quarter, we left some room open in late November and early December. Normally this is reserved for earlier scheduled releases that are delayed, but if those release slots remain open, we can also add in additional releases. The plan was to try to get Lock 'n Load into one of those last two release slots. Unfortunately, the bad news is that it looks like we'll need them for some earlier releases. The good news is that Lock 'n Load looks like it will be very close to release status sometime before Christmas, so we can firmly set a January release date for it at this point. We're going to pick an exact date in January over the next few weeks and you'll see some promotion starting on Lock 'n Load before January, increasing as we get closer to the release date.

Apologies for one more delay, but the game is in good shape and this should be the last delay. We plan to have this be our featured release to start 2014 and I can say that with very high confidence. 

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 10/7/2013 4:37:36 PM >

I'm really looking forward to this one- thanks for the update Challerain, err.. Erik  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!