Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Time for Gus to throw the 'Wuss' word out again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You don't get the code until your check and first born child arrive at CA HQ.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Faintly, across the ocean, solitary wet noises, emerge from the depths of Melbourne's east.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Ian C

Money in hand: reading the Steam reviews. Not useful.
"The AI is terrible"
"The AI is amazing"
"Worst Total war game ever"
"Best total war game ever"
"Cut down version of Attila with no trade and dumb diplomacy".
"Great game"

I'll wait to hear what you guys think before I pull the trigger.

Hofstadter

#216
Ive only played one faction so far, its pretty enjoyable. Politics is a hell of a lot more invested in this. Starting as gwynid youre subordinates have low loyalty and high influence, so its a nasty balancing act there. Campaign AI seems ok so far, theres a mercia powerhouse to my east, so I had to break alliance with my welsh friends in order to not get steamrolled since they had a full stack near me.

Technology is...interesting, I am not sure how I feel about the initial unlocking, but its a nice change of pace.

Battle AI was a little tarded in a siege, they didnt consolidate with their garrison and I kinda just knocked em out one by one.

EDIT: Oh good god Im playing a "hard" faction on VH and i think ive hit steamroom mode, im on turn 23
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

HoodedHorseJoe

I actually really appreciate that trade is automated. I mean, who doesn't want to make money? Just assume I want to trade with whoever will actually trade with me and be done with it.

TBH, the interactions with the AI via the diplomacy menu have always been the weakest part of every Total War game. I'd like to see them abstract or automate more of that away.

But yeah apart from to declare war, I've barely used the diplo interface in Thrones, and I honestly don't mind.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

This is the first Total War game I have very little interest in playing. Also the first one I have not bought straight out of the gate. It looks exactly like Atilla to me, which is perhaps my least liked of the series.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

#220
Im a lightweight drinker shaddap.

I just captured a town called Offa's Dic and I cant stop giggling
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Geezer

Quote from: Hofstadter on May 03, 2018, 06:34:47 AM
Im a lightweight drinker shaddap.

I just captured a town called Offa's Dic and I cant stop giggling

Offa does not find that the least bit funny.   :o
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 01, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
Nice to see preload available today....started mine.  No idea if will be good or not, but always buy this series.  Little surprised only 5.8GB, not sure worthy of a preload:)

My Steam pre-loads always end up reloading most of the game on release day.  Dunno why I bother.

Gusington

Because of unbridled, full force gaming excitement!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd