Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion

Started by RedArgo, November 28, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 01:09:37 PM
No I did. I loved Civ V but I still haven't bought Civ VI for a few reasons.

Fig VI's map did seem to get cluttered to  quickly in the few games I played. Due to all the city enhancements. Maybe they should enforce more space between cities.

Gusington

Reviews for VI, from press and regular fellers, are not as praising as they were for a Civ V. Gamers seem to be liking it enough, but really seemed more impressed with V. Maybe the jump from IV to V was more dramatic than V to VI.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I'd like to get VI eventually, when/if it goes on super-sale (say 5-10 bucks). Might be a while but that's okay.

Gusington

Yeah I feel the same. As I age, all inclusive deals get more and more attractive...like 4pm early bird buffet dinners.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wolfe1759

I think it is still available for $12 at Humble Bundle (with another 7 games thrown into the bundle as well) if that counts as a super-sale.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

BanzaiCat

It does, but I'm still leery of subscribing to Humble Bundle. They've offered some good deals in it, but I've also seen some stuff I'm just not interested in.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

I got it last month from Humble Bundle for $12, along with 2 DLC. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 01:16:48 PM
Reviews for VI, from press and regular fellers, are not as praising as they were for a Civ V. Gamers seem to be liking it enough, but really seemed more impressed with V. Maybe the jump from IV to V was more dramatic than V to VI.
It'll change with this expansion, the gameplay has changed for the better IMO.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 02:22:16 PM
Can you elaborate?
Governors
Golden/Dark Ages
Better Barbarians
Better Nation behaviour

combine them all plus a better AI and that means less cookie cutter strategy as you advance
multiple types of alliances

something called a global emergency that makes it possible to be ganged up on so domination victories are more difficult  (or more fun, gang up on some one else).
more and different resources/districts/buildings
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

What'd you think of the initial release?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on January 24, 2018, 01:32:45 PM
Robert the Bruce and Scotland added in!


Well I never saw that. I'm in. Have to be.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2018, 02:51:06 PM
What'd you think of the initial release?

Pretty rote. It was like a generic version of Civ, but with districts.
The new thing with the expansion is that the new game play/style compels you to interact with the other nations. There are now many more carrots and sticks so you want to deal with them. Its ads dimensionality to the Civ6 game. Also the changing eras put pressure on you to avoid being put into a dark age.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd