Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital - Game Play Video

Started by Thrawn, February 20, 2019, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradS62

Oh man craving some Nam and Pacific action. Map editor would be big.

Barthheart

Quote from: BradS62 on August 28, 2019, 06:03:15 PM
Oh man craving some Nam and Pacific action. Map editor would be big.

Doubt there will be a map editor. The game uses the standard maps that come with the board game.

Grim.Reaper

Saw some news at their forums, looks like possible March 25th release date with reasonable pricing.

From the LnLT FaceBook page:
"We are waiting on Steam Approval. We will sell the Core game for $4.99 with a 40% discount. We will have 1 of the Heroes of Normandy modules and one of the Heroes of the Nam modules available at release for $9.99 each at 40% off."
So it looks like you will buy everything through Steam.

Barthheart

Yep all through Steam. Base game comes with 4 scenarios, kinda like a demo.
2 battle packs available on release day, Heroes of Normandy pack 1 and Heroes of the Nam pack 1, 10-12 scenarios in each.
:bd:

JasonPratt

To be clear.... man that post was a while ago!... I meant (although not typing very coherently, due to allergy medicine I suspect) that the new "Tactical Digital" engine is similar to the Matrix Heroes of Stalingrad game, compared to Heroes of Normandie on Steam which is very different as an engine.

Thus, this Heroes of Normandy will be more like....

....y'know what, I don't even care. I'm just watching Steam like I'm a cat, waiting for the release.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

HoodedHorseJoe

Lock'n Load Tactical Digital's release has been pushed back till April 2nd, just FYI.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

JasonPratt

A little more than a week is still acceptable.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Game released to early access...during initial sale, base game is $2.99 and (2) available DLC is (5.99) a piece.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1149940/Lock_n_Load_Tactical_Digital/

Tpek

I know some of you already bought it, so any opinions to share?

Grim.Reaper

I just bought in this morning, so no time playing it yet.  To be honest, with the very cheap price it was a no brainer to try it.  If you just buy the main game, only $2.99, so very little investment and can refund if it doesn't work out:)

Wargamer has a review you should check out, seems to be mixed feelings.  I get the sense from reading it and some of the forum posts, might be harder to understand if you don't know the board game rules well.
https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/lock-n-load-tactical-digital-review/

MikeGER

Got it with DLCs  O0 
dunno when to start playing it (probably Easter)   but i wanted to support the developers on day 0  :)

I have Heroes of the Nam, the box version too, but still shrink wrapped in mind condition  :-[

Michael Dorosh

The Stalingrad version was great fun, and the AI was really quite good. I didn't realize this version was going to be so inexpensive.

I understand there is no map editor, but is there a mission builder?

Barthheart

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 03, 2020, 07:15:31 AM
I just bought in this morning, so no time playing it yet.  To be honest, with the very cheap price it was a no brainer to try it.  If you just buy the main game, only $2.99, so very little investment and can refund if it doesn't work out:)

Wargamer has a review you should check out, seems to be mixed feelings.  I get the sense from reading it and some of the forum posts, might be harder to understand if you don't know the board game rules well.
https://www.wargamer.com/reviews/lock-n-load-tactical-digital-review/

It is early access too, so there are a few rough edges to be worked out. But it's very playable and probably the easiest way to learn how to play the system.

ArizonaTank

I purchased because I am a sucker for tactical WWII games. Also the price is right.

Played a little bit last night, and overall I am impressed. Much better interface and easier to play than Matrix Games Tigers on the Hunt.

My only issue so far, is that I don't see a mission builder.... Unfortunately, that will limit the game for me... 

But still, I am happy with my purchase.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart