Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

I'm unsure - I'm on normal difficulty

So far I've only attacked single province places with no alliances to anyone else

I have 2 marshalls and 2 armies with about 7000 in all - 4 spearmen, 2 archers, 2 swordsmen x2

I'm not interested in the RTS battle game - all auto

Sieges have been the hardest where I've run out of supplies long before men but that was without the siege engine equipped or the extra supplies wagon that I now see

One army has a heavy spearman and heavy sword recruited at a mercenary camp

I'm about 465 money every 'turn' - this has just come from trade and commerce - you need at least 2 merchants to set up a really good market and then boost that market when the message comes up to do so but you have to have the commerce spare - this comes from driving as deep as possible into some of the paths - docks, shipyards, admiralty, brings sail making, map making all kinds of commerce and unique trade goods people will want

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on December 29, 2022, 12:42:48 PM


Now to pick another kingdom to play as. Is it cheating if I start with 20k in gold or is that standard operating procedure for you fellers?


Easy Difficulty with 20K gold is my new default.

devoncop

I am playing on Easy difficulty (concur with Ian C that it should be considered as normal difficulty for this game).

No extra gold and just standard settings including historical set ups though if I got a Spy as leader I would probably customise the initial leader as Marshal,Merchant or diplomat)

I ignore the victory conditions and just set my own....for Scotland it was obviously to unify the British Isles.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Thanks guys. Since my first three games have been brutal without any gold, gonna start my next campaign on easy, with some gold (probably 20k) and pick a kingdom with 2-3 starting provinces. I am also going to attempt to refrain from getting involved in any wars unless provoked. I have not played out any battles myself, as 'Geek mentions above...too busy on the strategic map. Will peruse the late era (1360) map later tonight.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Actually it's about 8000 gold with a Very High treasury start, at least if you play England at the late starting date.

Gusington

^Ok I can live with that. I never earned more than 3000 at any one time in any of my first three campaigns yet.

And appropriately that is my 50,000th post. I knew I felt different.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 29, 2022, 05:25:52 PM
And appropriately that is my 50,000th post. I knew I felt different.

And so Gus was ascended.  Some say he grew a full inch taller that day, but when he rushed to fair, he was still too short to ride the ride. 

The disappointment was palpable.  It was then that Gus decided to use his powers not for good, but for evil. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Does anyone know what happens to the army of your king leading them dies

My current martial king is looking decidedly wobbly and he has a good army with him

I know when I accidentally let a martial go with 2 squads they disappeared too

Gusington

^I've had entire armies become mercenaries and I've had entire armies become rebels. I've seen fire and rain.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 30, 2022, 08:31:07 AM
Does anyone know what happens to the army of your king leading them dies

My current martial king is looking decidedly wobbly and he has a good army with him

I know when I accidentally let a martial go with 2 squads they disappeared too

I think they disappear.

To avoid losing armies with a Marshal, march your army into a couple of cities and drag-and-drop the units onto the garrison spots there.

Gusington

^I have actually done that and can testify that it does work.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 30, 2022, 08:31:07 AM
Does anyone know what happens to the army of your king leading them dies
I think they stay in the city if the king dies in the city.

Gusington

I think I am going to play as Austria next...two provinces, 'easy' difficulty, with a goodly amount of starting gold. Standard victory conditions, nothing fancy for a minor victory. Keeping spy operations and influence 'full' as well.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on December 30, 2022, 10:11:05 PM
I think I am going to play as Austria next...two provinces, 'easy' difficulty, with a goodly amount of starting gold. Standard victory conditions, nothing fancy for a minor victory. Keeping spy operations and influence 'full' as well.

I am going to take Austria as well with the same settings except just the starting amount of gold. It will be interesting to see how the AI differs in its approach against us :-).

I suspect the fact Austria is surrounded by potential enemies will make it tougher than Scotland but we shall see.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games