Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I am not even looking at reviews--as mentioned my expectations are low and contained, nothing a review is going to say in order to change my mind.  Not looking for it to be Game of the Year or revolutionize strategy games, just looking at is an opportunity to rekindle playing a game from my past and possibly being able to "handle" things better as other games often overwhelm me with deep spreadsheet mechanics:)  Even if the AI is easy for people, even the dumbest AIs still give me a fit:)

SirAndrewD

I don't really want an absurdly hard game here. 

I've kinda been looking for something that does some relaxing world building and strategy with interesting combat to keep it fresh.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Fetrik

I'm watching Cringer playing on twitch. His sponsorship is over but he keeps playing due to him having fun.

Game looks ok. I don't think I'll be paying full price though.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 05, 2022, 03:57:15 PM
I don't really want an absurdly hard game here. 

I've kinda been looking for something that does some relaxing world building and strategy with interesting combat to keep it fresh.

Yep, I am with you....if I wanted more complex and hard, I would just play CK3 or something like that:)  This might actually be a game that I complete, although probably not as I don't complete many:)

bobarossa

Even the guy who was dissapointed said he is having fun and will keep playing.  He just thought they could have brought in more modern approaches and a little better graphics.  I got the idea he wanted more complexity which is not what I'm looking for.  I couldn't get into the CK2/3 family complexity so this looks more like what I want.  I enjoyed the first version of KoH.

CJReich46

Quote from: bobarossa on December 05, 2022, 05:29:46 PM
Even the guy who was dissapointed said he is having fun and will keep playing.  He just thought they could have brought in more modern approaches and a little better graphics.  I got the idea he wanted more complexity which is not what I'm looking for.  I couldn't get into the CK2/3 family complexity so this looks more like what I want.  I enjoyed the first version of KoH.

Me too. I liked Knights of Honor. I'm patient with my gaming, so I'm a wait and see type. If it has some improvements on the original that's Okay. If it's a happy-medium between CK 2/3 and Total War that's fine too.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

ArizonaTank

Out 12/6, my wife's birthday.

I'm sure she'll want a copy... :dreamer:
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Got to say most of the negativity is on my positivity list

Just like old one

Not hectic

Nothing new

Slow

Fetch me my pipe and slippers but I see nothing wrong with that

Anguille


devoncop

Funnily enough the more I look into this one (bearing in mind I never played the original) the more I like it.

Slow games are good for me these days, I normally shy away from real time stuff for that reason and the odd time I play paradox stuff it is always on the slowest speed and however much I might admire the Matrix Red Storm game that just came out, the complexity of it and it's never ending data is beyond me.

Think I may pick up this one in the next week as long as it doesn't prove to be buggy.

Thanks to those above who have shown me the error of my ways  :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2022, 04:27:45 PM
You matured?

No not really but it sounded good in my post.  Haha!

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2022, 03:53:25 PM
I am not even looking at reviews--as mentioned my expectations are low and contained, nothing a review is going to say in order to change my mind.  Not looking for it to be Game of the Year or revolutionize strategy games, just looking at is an opportunity to rekindle playing a game from my past and possibly being able to "handle" things better as other games often overwhelm me with deep spreadsheet mechanics:)  Even if the AI is easy for people, even the dumbest AIs still give me a fit:)

Me too.

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 05, 2022, 03:57:15 PM
I don't really want an absurdly hard game here. 

I've kinda been looking for something that does some relaxing world building and strategy with interesting combat to keep it fresh.

Ditto!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

'Got to say most of the negativity is on my positive list.' - hahaha classic stuff there.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on December 06, 2022, 05:17:15 AM
Get ready:



Great video that demonstrates what I wanted to see about this game.  Only 6 more hours to go before I can go home and buy this puppy!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk