Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^I'll probably need to slow the game down more or pause it altogether to get this right, thank you! Once the game gets going its real time nature can get hectic.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I agree with you Gus.  One province kingdoms are definitely hard.  At least until we all learn the ins and outs of this game.  Yes those popup messages seem to come in fast and furious even on 1x speed at just the time you are trying to focus on fixing a multitude of problems in town.  I've learned that pause is my friend.  Haha!

devoncop good tip about merchant governors.  I haven't tried that yet as in order to deal with unhappiness from religious unrest I had to place clergymen in.  Sacrificing some money income in favor of calming everyone down was what I was forced into. 

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I haven't tried to mix and match governors at all really, to see the benefits. Maybe this is key to my money and commerce questions. I never seem to have enough of anything.

Occasionally I speed up the game to try to get a ton of gold in and then when messages pop up I slow down or pause, but I'm always futzing with the game speed.

I've had better luck with 'books' and sending clergy to Constantinople or Rome to get a nice boost, which I then use to boost my knights. I wish there was a quick, dirty way to boost commerce like that.

I've had pop ups appear to steal money from kingdoms where I have a spy but I haven't gone along with it yet for fear of getting caught and then crushed.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: W8taminute on December 16, 2022, 11:31:25 AM
I agree with you Gus.  One province kingdoms are definitely hard.  At least until we all learn the ins and outs of this game.  Yes those popup messages seem to come in fast and furious even on 1x speed at just the time you are trying to focus on fixing a multitude of problems in town.  I've learned that pause is my friend.  Haha!

devoncop good tip about merchant governors.  I haven't tried that yet as in order to deal with unhappiness from religious unrest I had to place clergymen in.  Sacrificing some money income in favor of calming everyone down was what I was forced into.

That is the beauty of the system. It is tempting to think that Marshals are OP and a no trainer because of the advantage they give you on the battlefield but Merchants and Clergymen make great Governors and diplomats can save your ass with getting powerful allies on board.

Spies are situational, I have done a few witch-hunts having read some horror stories about enemy spy operations killing off Kings and causing succession civil wars but so far not found any spies as yet.

Just sieged Ulster's capital for an age but was unable to take it and had to White Peace out when my English allies had to race back to fight off a Gwynned invasion...."Ulster says No :)"
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

devoncop

By the way...the best spy mission I have been offered was to provoke Ulster into a war against Scotland (meaning I get no aggression penalties) ....sods law meant I couldn't afford it the couple of times it came up though.....love how the AI options make sense....no missions v Wallachia or Carpathia for example ;)


95% of the game I am playing on speed 1 or pause !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Same thing happened with me while besieging Tirgoviste in Wallachia...I almost took it but in the end could not. I'll definitely try again. They need to be spanked!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

So now you want to mix the Spanking Simulator with Knights of Honor !?!?!  ::)

Nights of DIS-honor: Spanking Simulator -  :2funny:

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Great game. Having a lot of fun with this. Tried first game as England on Normal difficulty. Of course, I got my ass kicked.

I found there are a lot of hidden buttons. Like how to upgrade your city walls. Click on a city. Mouse-over the castle icon and a green arrow appears. Click it to upgrade.

I also found that running a test game using cheats is a very quick and safe way to learn the systems:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2901456442




Gusington

^Ironically the wall upgrade button was one of the first ones I found.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I discovered tonight that when I request an audience with a kingdom I can ask for trade rights...but I still need to place governors in upgraded provinces to increase the money I make. Oh and I am now the #1 war monger in my campaign after fighting both Wallachia and Transylvania...however Serbia swooped in and snatched up the carcass of Wallachia :/

Still...making slow steady progress as Moldavia. Who woulda thunk it?

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

#206
Shocking behaviour Gus :)

Well my Scots are amazingly number 1 in the world for military power but points wise they are only on about 1600 when the top 10 powers are around and about 4500. My major deficiency is in cultural power...(the game is evidently unaware of Glasgow being made European City of Culture at some point :2funny:)

Its coming to a crunch with my best buddy England it seems. We are still best of friends but England took out Ulster leaving them with Munster in the south of Ireland and Ulster in the north with the Scots in the two central provinces of Connaught and Leinster. To repay them the Scots have taken full control of both Welsh provinces....

I looked at a pretty successful Norway as help v England long term but on checking the Norwegian King lies rotting in an English jail ! Tricky.

How are your overall points looking ?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

bobarossa

So how concerned should I be if food reaches 0 like in Gus's pic?  Does only affect recruitment and growth or will the peasants starve and storm the castles? 

Playing as Navarra (1 province) so I can learn the interface and gerneral flow of things.  Hired a merchant and sent him on a trade mission.  It looks like those Trade Bags are something that is just a level number that adjusts and not something that accumualates. 

Gus, did you purposely torch that Crop Farm or was just something that happened after a battle?

devoncop

Quote from: bobarossa on December 18, 2022, 12:39:46 PM
So how concerned should I be if food reaches 0 like in Gus's pic?  Does only affect recruitment and growth or will the peasants starve and storm the castles? 

Playing as Navarra (1 province) so I can learn the interface and gerneral flow of things.  Hired a merchant and sent him on a trade mission.  It looks like those Trade Bags are something that is just a level number that adjusts and not something that accumualates. 

Gus, did you purposely torch that Crop Farm or was just something that happened after a battle?

The food number means that until food increases no troop recruitment is possible. It means there is just enough food for current commitments so a problem but not a critical one at this point.

The "trade bags" are a measure of trade capacity. Sending a merchant out on a trade mission will use up a number of that capacity (normally 10 or 20). Once that capacity is exhausted no more trade missions can be sent until the capacity increases.

During a war torching villages and farms not only hinders their owner by reducing income and food but also nets a gold and supplies bonus for the attacking army so I suspect Gus may have done it for those reasons.

Best of luck Bobarossa....one province nations are really hard I think. Make sure you make friends with strong neighbours!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

SlagDog

Do you guys work for the developer  ;)?!?!? Lol because you are making it very difficult to NOT buy this game! Must .... Resist ....  :uglystupid2: