Matrix sale is up and runs until January 12th, 2020

Started by Geezer, November 26, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tanaka

Quote from: steve58 on November 26, 2019, 03:52:01 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2019, 01:34:04 PM
The much maligned World in Flames is $20.00.  But then again, War in the Pacific: AE is only $16.00

Interesting that Uncommon Valor costs more than the original War in the Pacific ???

UV was my intro to Matrixgames so so many years ago.

Same. The one that started it all. And PTO before that. Wish I could get UV to work on windows 10. Currently diving back into a heavily modded WITPAE again and loving it! That Midway movie got me going again!

Pete Dero

Quote from: -budd- on November 29, 2019, 11:23:30 AM
I say rejoice and buy some more games you don't need or have time to play, happy holidays everyone.

We should be looking for a sale on group therapy  >:D.

-budd-

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 30, 2019, 04:16:54 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 29, 2019, 11:23:30 AM
I say rejoice and buy some more games you don't need or have time to play, happy holidays everyone.

We should be looking for a sale on group therapy  >:D.

That's a whole other matter, but some of us surely could sell some extra games to finance the therapy  :DD

I do my part to keep up the game buying insanity

Purchased

FOG2 DLC's - obviously just for completion's sake ;)
Age of Belisarius
Wolves at the Gate
Rise of Persia

Brother against Brother-Drawing of the Sword

Pretty sure that's it..................or is it :peace:





Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Redwolf

Is the Panzer Command (the CMx1 alike) series still alive and if so what do they call it this week?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on November 30, 2019, 05:04:24 PM
Is the Panzer Command (the CMx1 alike) series still alive and if so what do they call it this week?

last patch in 2015 and not really active....

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/panzer-command-ostfront

JasonPratt

It has been Ostfront for a long time, combining the two prior games into one.

I keep meaning to play it someday, as with all things.  :hide: Having a dynamic campaign generator for your group is a big plus compared to CMx1 (or x2) -- something that could only be sort-of haxored in CMx1 (Barbarossa and/or Afrika Korps) by the classic RobO campaign generator excel spreadsheet thing. On the other hand, the inability for infantry to enter buildings always dampens my enthusiasm to try it. (Not that this has slowed down the Graviteam guys...!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on November 30, 2019, 05:04:24 PM
Is the Panzer Command (the CMx1 alike) series still alive and if so what do they call it this week?

Panzer Command: Ostfront (https://www.matrixgames.com/game/panzer-command-ostfront)

Panzer Command: Ostfront will replace both Panzer Command: Winterstorm and Panzer Command: Kharkov and will include all the content from the previous two releases as well as new content.  Registered owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov will have access to a massive FREE update that will bring their installations up to the Ostfront level in all respect.

Redwolf

I mis-remembered.

My actual inquiry is whether there is anything going on with Panzer Command as a game series, aka whether Ostfront is still a thing of development at this time.

I guess COMMAND doesn't have a black friday sale.  Bummer.

-budd-

Quote from: Redwolf on December 01, 2019, 10:57:49 AM
I mis-remembered.

My actual inquiry is whether there is anything going on with Panzer Command as a game series, aka whether Ostfront is still a thing of development at this time.

I guess COMMAND doesn't have a black friday sale.  Bummer.

Couple of people are working in the back round on improvement and new stuff   https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4598475

always wondered my Matrix didn't support and improve this more going forward. With just CM and maybe Graviteam as the only games like it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

GDS_Starfury

seems I'll get some of the newer CC games to play around with.
expect no reviews...
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Strategic Command World War I is out today boys!  It might not be on sale but it's calling your name.  (well at least my name)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rayfer on November 27, 2019, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 27, 2019, 01:20:21 PM

WITP:AE, daily turns, that's not a game, that's a lifestyle choice.....to much game for me, i yield.


WitP:AE  you nailed it budd. I never got beyond January 1942, and that was after many, many hours of play. The UI is nothing short of tedious.


True, the WitP AE interface is almost a medieval torture device, and it does take forever to play.

However, it is the only game I have ever played, that truly portrays the Pacific War as a logistics war. Play 60 turns of WitP AE and you will pretty quickly understand why the US couldn't intervene to save Bataan. You can also see why Hawaii, and the US West Coast were very safe from Japanese invasion (Australia on the other hand is another matter). You can see why the US could not have launched a direct attack on Japan, until after 43 or so. The most important ships in the game are cargo ships and tankers.

I have never finished a game, but I love the fact that I learned so much from it.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rayfer

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 12, 2019, 11:18:09 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 27, 2019, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 27, 2019, 01:20:21 PM

WITP:AE, daily turns, that's not a game, that's a lifestyle choice.....to much game for me, i yield.


WitP:AE  you nailed it budd. I never got beyond January 1942, and that was after many, many hours of play. The UI is nothing short of tedious.



True, the WitP AE interface is almost a medieval torture device, and it does take forever to play.

However, it is the only game I have ever played, that truly portrays the Pacific War as a logistics war. Play 60 turns of WitP AE and you will pretty quickly understand why the US couldn't intervene to save Bataan. You can also see why Hawaii, and the US West Coast were very safe from Japanese invasion (Australia on the other hand is another matter). You can see why the US could not have launched a direct attack on Japan, until after 43 or so. The most important ships in the game are cargo ships and tankers.

I have never finished a game, but I love the fact that I learned so much from it.

Couldn't agree more AT...it's an awesome simulation seriously hampered by a, as you put it, 'medieval torture device' of a UI.