Main Menu

NYPD Surveillance

Started by LongBlade, August 09, 2012, 10:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: LongBlade on August 16, 2012, 10:39:56 AM
However, I'm not one to blindly believe in the good intentions of all government. Eventually mistakes, incompetence, and general abuse will creep into the system.

Not to derail the topic too much but I think we need to apply the same critiera to the private sector as well. The bigger the biz the more scrutiny is needed. Frankly, I don't trust EITHER the public or private sectors completely. The bad part about the public sector is they are screwing around with MY tax money. The private sector usually only mucks with the shareholders. Well..... unless we need to bail them out. Hmmm........
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

Quote from: DoctorQuest on August 16, 2012, 11:56:23 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on August 16, 2012, 10:39:56 AM
However, I'm not one to blindly believe in the good intentions of all government. Eventually mistakes, incompetence, and general abuse will creep into the system.

Not to derail the topic too much but I think we need to apply the same critiera to the private sector as well. The bigger the biz the more scrutiny is needed. Frankly, I don't trust EITHER the public or private sectors completely. The bad part about the public sector is they are screwing around with MY tax money. The private sector usually only mucks with the shareholders. Well..... unless we need to bail them out. Hmmm........

I have no problem telling the private sector to butt out of my life.

However, in comparing the public versus private, only one of those backs things up with lethal force. As I noted before, they've done a bang up job (no pun intended) of not carrying things out of hand...but I think a public audit of why our privacy isn't private any more is in order.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.