Thank the maker! 'Star Wars Squadrons' leaked

Started by Gusington, June 12, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skoop

I'm too lazy to look, you guys heard if it will have support for track ir and hotas ?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on September 29, 2020, 08:14:44 PM
I'm too lazy to look, you guys heard if it will have support for track ir and hotas ?

HOTAS yes.  No TrackIR.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

#107
Can we confirm whether the tie fighters will not really find xwing shields to be a problem like they did in the ild games, because tie fighters will have more powerful weapons as a balancing tool? Or are they just more nimble like the older games depict?

Also. I will be able to group up and queue with friends I assume.

I am seriously considering this game but not sure if my 1080 and i5 3570k will handle it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on September 29, 2020, 09:39:14 PM
Can we confirm whether the tie fighters will not really find xwing shields to be a problem like they did in the ild games, because tie fighters will have more powerful weapons as a balancing tool? Or are they just more nimble like the older games depict?

Also. I will be able to group up and queue with friends I assume.

I am seriously considering this game but not sure if my 1080 and i5 3570k will handle it.

It's confirmed that TIE's will have better firepower and maneuver, X-Wings better durability.

Also confirmed we can make groups with friends cross platform.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

#109
Nice. I was just watching some of the steam videos and noticed that we saw a tie fighter going into hyperspace. I hope this was just some sort of special tie fighter. Because at this time, just after the battle of Endor, the imperial Tie Fighter was not equipped with hyperdrive as the larger imperial ships carried them in to battle with their hyperdrives.

Apart from that I was kinda wierded out by the anchor\handbrake turns the ships did in combat, kinda negates the ww2 style get on somebodies tail. I wonder if this kind of move will be on a "cool down".

Also the capital ships seem very static. Is the AI actually carrying out a cohesive plan like they did in xwing or tie fighter or are they just their to be pretty and be shot at so we can cheer afterwards? Remember in Xwing that a Star Destroyer would often jump in, deploy fighters and jump somewhere else, before coming back from where ever it needed to go. Often it would steer clear of the rebel fighters and if you did get close it would simply kill you and your whole squadron unless you were very good. My point is that Squadrons does not look like it is giving the full experience or consideration for us grogs that want a "battle" rather than a light show.
I wonder if the single player campaign will show off some tactics and smarts by the enemy. Give us some surprises that make us think and use the tools in our kit in a smart way. Xwing used to make you figure out how to operate the craft and configure it on the fly for the situation. You used to have to do things at exactly the right time while evading heavy turbo laser fire.

When I am this critical you can tell I am really mulling over whether to buy this title. I really want this title, but I really don't want to be let down by it. I might have to go back and do xwing alliance which I never finished. I hear their is a great mod that updates the graphics for that.

I really respect though that squadrons is cockpit only. I just don't know if it goes far enough, that it caters for the masses without providing enough meat or enough challenge and technical immersion for the star wars grogs. I mean I have to ask what I can learn more than I got from previous titles from this? Other than a re-imagined imperial command structure, which could happen after Endor without the emperor or vader and with a lack of officers. That part is interesting.

One other thing. In xwing or tie fighter whole squadrons with specific roles for the mission. Not the 4 mixed hero ships squadrons seems to have. But a whole squadron of the same type of vessel. By this I mean your squadron will hyperspace in and clear the way and then maybe at 5 minutes a second squadron of y wings will come in to disable a ship etc.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on September 30, 2020, 06:19:14 PM
Nice. I was just watching some of the steam videos and noticed that we saw a tie fighter going into hyperspace. I hope this was just some sort of special tie fighter. Because at this time, just after the battle of Endor, the imperial Tie Fighter was not equipped with hyperdrive as the larger imperial ships carried them in to battle with their hyperdrives.


One of their story cinematics has a direct plot point that TIE's don't have hyperspace. 



And, that short is done by ILM, first time they've done a canon short film.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

my pre load has started....around 34gb.  unlocks tomorriw.

Destraex

#112
Andrew. Nice trailer. But the X-wing pilot seems to be the baddy and seems to sound mean. Wierded me out a bit.
I can see that the Tie Interceptor did not seem to have a hyperdrive or was that just because he was damage? The Steam vids show a tie of some description going to hyperspace.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2020, 11:10:41 AM
I have no pre-load yet :/

I have the EA Subscription service, it's possibly a perk from it......the unlock time for playing is 12am Eastern time....I'll try and sneak some time in the morning:)

Gusington

Sounds like it. Don't remember if I pre-ordered from Fanatical or Green Man...either way though I am going to wait to play it on my new rig next month 😎
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero


LoganismyHERO

Looking forward to all the reviews here. I'm hesitant to jump in as it sounds like there isn't a ton of content and I'm not much for multi-player (especially people I don't know)

Pete Dero

Quote from: LoganismyHERO on October 01, 2020, 12:39:44 PM
Looking forward to all the reviews here. I'm hesitant to jump in as it sounds like there isn't a ton of content and I'm not much for multi-player (especially people I don't know)

Single player campaign should last around 8 hours.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd