It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

I am way behind. I don't have a pickle yet.  :-\
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.


Tpek

Managed to trim my wishlist to 365 so far.

I've been eying some games, but am unlikely to buy anything.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I grabbed a couple of oldies that I have already on DVD somewhere (Silent Hunter IV and Drakensang: River of Time) and some DLC for Warhammer 40K: Gladius.

Anguille

Don't think there's a lot for me anymore.

al_infierno

#20
Yeah, I have to say I'm not too enthused about the sale.  None of the discounts are all that appealing to me, or I just own anything I'm remotely interested in.  I actually removed a game from my cart that's discounted to $0.80 just because I can't be bothered to pretend like I'm ever going to play it instead of the countless other games in my library I've already bought and haven't gotten into.

I'm actually more interested in using my accrued points to spend on steam chat emojis than anything else.   :idiot2:

EDIT: Actually, I did end up grabbing the Clad in Iron games I was still missing.  SO there's that.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Gusington

I am interested in going back to Battletech and getting the three bigger DLCs for it, but the reviews are mixed. Anyone have an opinion on them?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

My pickle (aka my dongle) is nowhere enthused about this supposed Steam sale.  Same old, same old.  Bring back the days of having to keep track of countdown clocks for super discounts.  Annoying yes, but much better deals.  This sale is just meh...maybe worse than meh :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WYBaugh

Is the Blocks!  Richard III worth $12.50?

MC

My pickle goes back in the pickle jar. Nothing much to see here.

Bardolph

Quote from: WYBaugh on June 25, 2020, 06:24:46 PM
Is the Blocks!  Richard III worth $12.50?

The demo seems to still be available here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/blocks-columbia-block-wargaming-on-your-pc-and-mac


I tried the demo when it came out but it didn't yank my wallet out of my pocket.

al_infierno

I'll go ahead and eat my words.  In addition to the Clad in Iron series, I ended up grabbing:


  • Invisible Inc.
  • Pathologic 2
  • Barotrauma
  • Disgaea 5
  • Men of War: Vietnam
  • Rush for Berlin: Gold

In all, set me back about $80.  Somehow Steam still manages to nab bucks from me despite my cynical grogging.  :uglystupid2:
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Martok

I bit.  Picked up a few DLC's for Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. 

Am holding off on picking up Matrix/Slitherine titles until my coupon comes in, however.  I have at least that much willpower still.  :P 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Damn....24 items on my wishlist are discounted!