It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

airboy

I "lost" since I bought nothing but cardboard this month.

Cardboard buying was expensive:
Labyrinth: The War on Terror (new)
Axis Empires: Dai Senso (new - birthday present)
Fury in the West - used
Viva Espana  - used (not arrived yet)

and Mr. Toonces was kind to give me his copy of Paths of Glory.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on July 11, 2020, 01:10:49 PM
"It was all sort of hazy."

Sir Andrew - were you drunk Steam Sale buying again? :)

More like drunk ON Steam Sale buying!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

CJReich46

I passed on a lot this sale.

I guess I don't want to increase the pile.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Bardolph

Only thing I bought on Steam during the Summer sale wasn't on sale. I might be doing it wrong.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I only bought Global Mobilization for ARMA 3, and for that matter, I haven't even installed it yet.

I've got tons of stuff on my wishlist that were on sale, but...you know...I just don't really need any more games right now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

#141
I did buy two new watches, though.   ::)

8)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

(It's the same watch Matt Hooper wears in Jaws)

I'm such a nerd.   :idiot2:



"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

WYBaugh

I've never heard of Alsta but I love the cushion case!  But 40mm is too small for my old eyes.   I try to stick to 44mm if I can.

Toonces

Yeah, this is my first cushion case watch.  The watch is really small, 39mm!  It's quite the adjustment from my bigger divers. 

But...I couldn't resist.  I mean c'mon, it's Jaws!   And Hooper! 

I just got it last night and sized the bracelet and put it on today and I couldn't be happier.  It was pricey, but I'm totally stoked on this watch.

Anyway, back to the Steam sale...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Alsta was a generic brand back in the 70's that made sports watches.  The Alsta that Hooper wears was more or less in keeping with the times; it was a rugged diver that someone like him would wear (although, honestly, Hooper in Jaws is supposed to be wealthy so he'd probably wear a Rolex Sub, but anyway).

Alsta went out of business with the quartz crisis in the 80's.  Then the actor who plays The Bruce in Braveheart bought the company a couple of years ago and they made the Hooper watch.  The first version didn't look much like the Jaws Hooper.  But then last year they made a faithful 1:1 recreation albeit slightly bigger at 39mm vice the original's 36mm.  It's a limited, numbered edition (316 of 1975, the year the movie came out), and it has the Jaws shark on the caseback and the bracelet clasp.  Too cool.  Overpriced for what it is, but I don't care I had to have it.

I've got quite the thread going on a watch forum, where I hang out when I'm not here...  NERD!   :-[



"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

WYBaugh

#145
Are you on WUS?

I recently picked up a Seiko SRPE07 King Turtle and love it.  About time they went with sapphire and blue lume!

al_infierno

Ha, my dad might be lurking that very watch forum you're posting on :P

Very cool, Toonces!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Toonces

Heh.  Yes, I'm Toonces on WUS.   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Funny, and totally not about this thread subject (but that's cool, this is Grogheads after all), I had a friend that I modded Falcon4 with on the Freefalcon team for years.  Then the team broke up and I hadn't heard from him in years.

So don't you know, I'm on this watch forum, and only because he was the last post in that particular subject forum (A. Lange), I saw his username.  It's unique, like Toonces, so I sent him a PM: Of all the websites in all the world, you had to choose this one...

Crazy, small world we live in sometimes.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

To boast more.  One of my clients says that if his book does well enough my bonus will be a Franck Muller watch.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback