Old PCgame boxes - Cleaned out the shed - A blast to see them again.

Started by Destraex, July 17, 2020, 01:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

I just thought some here may enjoy seeing some old boxes. Makes me kinda nostalgic.
Have not even looked in the boxes yet. Who knows, could be gold bullion inside.







"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Yeah. It's funny. I have not heard these names in over 20yrs. Brings back memories.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Dammit Carl!

Man.  Having had more than a few games in that pile, I guess that firmly puts me in the "back in my day," crowd.

Nice.  Much like when albums went from large affairs to CDs, we lost a lot when game boxes went away.

-gets back into rocking chair, sips his Ensure

Gusington

Centurion: Defender of Rome is one of my all time favorites :)

Are some of the boxes in there twice or is am I seeing things? Like Hexen?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Wow good stuff.

I've got a couple of those games too.  I have Squad Leader.  I did own Tie Fighter and X-Wing.  I don't think I still have the disks or the boxes.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Years ago I bought a boxed copy of Emperor of the Fading Suns from one of the former owners here just to put it up on my shelf.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Snap!  Just saw "Wooden Ships and Iron Men," as a PC game.  Did not know they did  that = cool stuffs.

That is one of the only board games I still have from my gaming heyday.

smittyohio

The only ones I've hung onto are the 3 Atomic WaW games -->  Operation Crusader, Stalingrad, and D-Day: America Invades.   Disks, manuals, everything.   At some point I want to revisit them.  Better hurry though, as it's going to get harder and harder to install/play with each windows update.

Yskonyn

Nice pile, Des! I owned a lot of those as well.

US Navy Fighters was my very first combat flightsim I bought with my weekly allowance saves. I had eyed that box for so many weeks before I was able to finally go in and buy it. The many times I just went into the story to 'pet' the box and just stare are the pictures on the back, comitted to the fact that one day I would see it all in action on my own screen.  O:-) Oh happy days!
It were also the days of the 3rd party toolkit apps for the various Jane's titles where you could tweak all kinds of data. I've fiddled a lot with those as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Senex

"Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married.
Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe!"
- Zorba the Greek


After I married, my game boxes went to the basement, then to the garage, and then guess where?

Once when I was out of town my wife told me on the phone that she had "put my game boxes in order."
I told her that they were already in order and asked how she had arranged them.  "By size, of course", she replied.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

That is quite the collection there Destreax.   :notworthy:    I also had, or drooled over, most of the same group back in the day. Anybody else remember the screenshots on the back? They'd put the IBM's on there and you had to read, 'Amiga screens may differ'.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.