Main Menu

College Football 2020

Started by airboy, July 31, 2020, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amichaell

Tennessee just isn't good. They were supposed to have some of the best line play in the SEC, though that hasn't panned out and their QB is a disaster. I would be surprised if this game isn't over by the end of Q1.

airboy

Pretty good football Saturday.  UNC crushed NC State.

My wife was upset Auburn won.  She wanted them to be crushed by Ole Miss so Malzhan would get fired quicker.

We were listening to the UA - Tennessee game in the pouring rain on a longish interstate drive.  Decided to listen to at least Tennessee's first possession of the 2nd half.  After the pick 6, we listened to the Virginia Tech - Wake Forest game.

Sir Slash

So I was completely wrong about Bama falling down. It was the injuries from hell scenario instead.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

The Vols are now in.... the Gamecock Zone...  :timeout: :wow: :hide:

"Wh-why don't you just stop watching?!" {cue insane chuckle}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

I got my doctorate at South Carolina. 

Never have so many, been so excited, about so little, for so long, as the SC Football Fan.

airboy

Nick Saban's (Satan's) birthday is today - Halloween.

airboy

Auburn crushed LSU - biggest margin for either team in the series.  LSU continues to be the most erratic team in the SEC.

The UNC defense did not show up in the first half (again), and UNC lost in Charlottesville.  UNC over my lifetime has had a ton of trouble in Charlottesville, even though the stadium was almost empty because of their idiot governor.  Unfortunately, evil triumphed out of conference.

Tripoli

Meanwhile, my alma matter takes a knee during the national anthem. https://dailyiowan.com/2020/10/31/more-than-two-dozen-iowa-football-players-kneel-during-national-anthem/
  Even worse, since I can no longer support Iowa, I'm forced to root for my other alma matter- the University of Florida.   At least my mother still loves me....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

I thought the only time you took a knee in Iowa was to duck when the cow tried to kick you while you're milking it.  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

amichaell

Not a good day for UGA. Lackluster win against Kentucky, though lost two key defensive players during the game, possibly for the year. And then Richard LeCounte was hurt in an auto accident after the game and will likely miss 4 - 6 weeks. Probably won't play another down in college ball as he's likely a first rounder.

Sir Slash

Ouch! Damn, that makes for a tough weekend for the Bulldogs.  :wow:

airboy

The most important College Football Game of the year turned out right.

UNC > Dook.

UNC retains the victory bell!
:bd:

airboy

Tennessee went from the nations longest division 1 winning streak, to 4 straight losses.

Arkansas looks to be the most improved team in the conference.

airboy

JasonPratt

Huh. My Firefox doesn't want to open that video or even show its operational window.

Fortunately I've seen it already, and forgot to come post it.  :crazy2:

Their new addition to the female side of the cast has been kicking it right between the posts and out of the stadium, over the past several months!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!