Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks

Started by steve58, August 14, 2012, 08:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Pretty good article on the supposed Akula incident

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htsub/articles/20120817.aspx

They break down the numbers on the current US and Russian attack sub fleets - 14 total Russian SSNs vs 50-plus US SSNs. Only 8 of the Russian SSNs are Akulas which are the only type in service that come close to matching our subs in capability. And the Russian subs spend a lot less time at sea than ours.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on August 20, 2012, 01:38:30 PM
Well...look who just woke up.

Good morning, Sunshine!

How can I not participate in such a classic thread derailment such as this one?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

good article Mirth.  I didnt realize that the Russian sub force was that low.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

I was surprised too. I guess they have 18 diesel boats (all Kilos) in service too, in various states of readiness. Still the cupboard is pretty bare.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Im fine with that.  it leaves more boats for us to use in the Pacific and Indian oceans.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Yeah, I don't think we have to worry about a new Battle of the Atlantic any time soon.