Rough Weather Predicted

Started by LongBlade, August 14, 2012, 10:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Why is it leaping to an assumption when the original listing had the ammo being purchased for the NWS? This was a mistake by NOAA that was called into question.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: Con on August 16, 2012, 01:19:07 PM
I am all for questioning...but leaping to assumptions and basing conclusions off them is a slippery slope that can ultimately lead to tinfoil hats and lead underwear.  We dont want that happening to you now  :D

Con

Of course not. Our government never makes mistakes, wastes money, or does stupid/inappropriate stuff.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Pining

Quote from: mirth on August 16, 2012, 01:26:33 PM
Why is it leaping to an assumption when the original listing had the ammo being purchased for the NWS? This was a mistake by NOAA that was called into question.

My understanding is Infowars doesn't have the best history, when it comes to stories.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Alex Jones and crew are now saying that DHS has gone an redacted the ammo purchase orders in light of the reportage.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-classifies-ammo-purchase-following-controversy/

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on August 17, 2012, 03:22:51 PM
The agencies involved in the recent ammo purchases have issued responses

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/17/agencies-tamp-down-speculation-over-hollow-point-ammo-purchases/

I read that this afternoon on my phone. Good. They know we're watching. Nothing wrong with an honest accounting mistake. And nothing wrong with the public asking for clarification :)

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 14, 2012, 11:29:10 AM
If the facts are correct, then why in the heck does the NWS need ammo?

To put down the global warming of course.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on August 17, 2012, 10:09:22 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 14, 2012, 11:29:10 AM
If the facts are correct, then why in the heck does the NWS need ammo?

To put down the global warming of course.

Hurricane Hunting, of course.

TheCommandTent

Maybe they'll hand it out to all the people affected by a hurricane so they can stop the looters.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2012, 01:47:47 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2012, 12:37:56 PM
Assuming the article is true, I guaranty this has to do with politics and money.  Some bubba with DHS has a brother-in-law that works for an ammunition manufacturer/distributor, so he pushed the contract.

That's a theory I would buy...and proof that it's time to dismantle DHS. Last time I heard from them they were playing spokesman to update a giant sinkhole in Louisiana. Next thing we know they'll be prepping for the return of the velociraptor.

velociraptor??

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2012, 07:16:22 PM
I wish I could have shot the Halloween snowstorm from last year. Between that and Hurricane Irene it really did feel like the end times. At least I finally got a generator because of those storms.
Did you get the modification to your house wiring so you could hook it up directly to it and power everything inside?

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on August 16, 2012, 09:08:01 AM
Quote from: steve58 on August 16, 2012, 09:04:44 AM
I dunno know.  The fact that it will be delivered to 41 locations across the US bothers me.  Maybe SS is going to go bankrupt a whole lot sooner than they're claiming and they're expecting rioting in the streets...

It certainly suggests that we've got too much money going to government. Why else would we waste money on this? What's next? The Department of Education issuing strict guidelines on the methane emissions levels of 2nd graders farting in class?

you are still going to grade school?

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on August 16, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
Quote from: Con on August 16, 2012, 01:19:07 PM
I am all for questioning...but leaping to assumptions and basing conclusions off them is a slippery slope that can ultimately lead to tinfoil hats and lead underwear.  We dont want that happening to you now  :D

Con

Of course not. Our government never makes mistakes, wastes money, or does stupid/inappropriate stuff.

Trust them... they're there to help you    ::)

Gusington

Breezy the generator is hooked directly to my house yes but is only to power the kitchen, the well and the family room. If I can eat, crap and shower afterwards everything else is gravy. So to speak.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: Gusington on August 20, 2012, 09:56:16 PM
Breezy the generator is hooked directly to my house yes but is only to power the kitchen, the well and the family room. If I can eat, crap and shower afterwards everything else is gravy. So to speak.

enough for 5 days.... two weeks much better