Main Menu

Take Me FRI-DAY

Started by MetalDog, November 06, 2020, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog



I have to work tomorrow, so, that will curtail the usual weekend game playing festivities.  As for what I will be playing, pretty sure you all could recite it along with me: Civ IV BtS, and duel in the Arena.  If that changes, y'all will be the first to know.  Happy weekend, Grogs!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

The usual DCS, but will also play more Enter he Radius. This game is really awesome. I mentioned  in last week's thread. It's STALKER or Metro Exodus, but in VR. Very cool gunplay, and scavenging around Russian swamps and deserted towns in VR is extremely immersive and creepy. Overall, it's very well done and the search for more loot is highly addictive.

With any additional time, Door Kickers 2, Tear Down and I keep pushing myself to sink back into Aurora.

Everyone have fun.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dammit Carl!

World of Tanks / Warships has wandered its way back in from the cold in my gaming carousel (playing as hated SPGs never gets old), so there's that.  I'll reach Tier 10 in some line or another at some point before I turn 55, I think...maybe.

See ya out there, folks, and hug your dogs.

jamus34

Last weekend of soccer for my oldest so I'll be at the fields and then need to do some shopping.

Kind of in a gaming rut right now. 2000 games in my steam tube and nothing to play. I'm sure I'll find something to do though.
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 08:34:27 AM
World of Tanks / Warships has wandered its way back in from the cold in my gaming carousel (playing as hated SPGs never gets old), so there's that.  I'll reach Tier 10 in some line or another at some point before I turn 55, I think...maybe.

See ya out there, folks, and hug your dogs.

Yeah!!!  I'm back at World of Warships too. 

airboy

I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

W8taminute

Dominions 5 PBEM
Field of Glroy Empires PBEM
Emperor of The Fading Sun
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Work and family driving me to the brink of insanity this week. I need to chill. Luckily Victor Vran is more fun than I ever deserved it to be. But it is quite frenetic so it doesn't do much to relax me. I need to ease into a strategy game at some point.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 10:38:45 AM
Work and family driving me to the brink of insanity this week. I need to chill. Luckily Victor Vran is more fun than I ever deserved it to be. But it is quite frenetic so it doesn't do much to relax me. I need to ease into a strategy game at some point.
Yeah, Victor Vran is fun indeed!

I recommend you to check out Rise of  Venice if you need something to relax (that or Port Royale 3).

CJReich46

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I gave it  a "test dive" during the Matrix/Slytherine demo weekend. (With ICBM) and what I liked about it is it reminded me of Terror from the Deep, (never played) but it had that vibe.  It's tough, combat is not a mandatory option you can run if you need to, and in some cases I recommend it. There's some baddies that will kill you if you come in with the wrong type party. Also, you have to watch your oxygen levels, or you will get hypoxia and then insanity....and you lose control of that character.  But it has a great X-Com vibe.  I liked it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

I actually don't have Rise of Venice after successfully fighting the urge to buy it steeply discounted about 100 times. Worth getting eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I'm enjoying it - but even on easy it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, no manual so it is trial and error learning curve.  I'm about to restart the game because I figured out some of how to play while getting my officer killed.

nelmsm

Volunteering to work at the lodge toy run tomorrow so gaming time will be curtailed somewhat. If any time after PBEM files then it will be Hearts of Iron IV or maybe Surviving the Aftermath but I did pick the Persia DLC for Fields of Glory Empires....

Myrmidon

Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me.  When I'm not taking my turns, I'll be continuing my Dwarf Fortress.  Fighting off invasion, hosting people at the Inn, smelting ores non-stop, dealing with moody dwarves...

Every time I ponder upgrading my monitor or system, I realize that the majority of my time now is in playing these relatively low graphics games.  The wrap around monitors are awesome looking, but will Dwarf Fortress really look that much better on one? :nerd: