Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skoop

Naval Action is their take on MP I guess.  I like having SP focused games, but it would be nice to have Coop PVE in their dreadnaughts game, could really fun to test your builds with friends.

Destraex

I meant this game... the single player "naval action". It's been in development for a very long time now. Am still looking forward to this. I still go back to naval action every now and then, still a great game. But I am less into multiplayer in naval action now so sea legends would have been perfect. Again Ultimate Admiral will scratch the itch when I get it.

https://www.sea-legends.com/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Saw new picture....this fort will be a tough nut to crack for the Americans:)


Destraex

Nice pic thx. I imagine the original one had trench works in front?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

DetCord

#124
After UA:D I'm pretty hesitant on anything Game-Labs related.

QuoteNaval Action is their take on MP I guess.  I like having SP focused games, but it would be nice to have Coop PVE in their dreadnaughts game, could really fun to test your builds with friends.

They have a SP/RP/COOP title in the works that's similar to NA.

Gusington

I've played through the Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail game the last few days and enjoyed it. Will play a few of the missions and a campaign in the next few days too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DetCord

Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2023, 10:13:31 PMI've played through the Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail game the last few days and enjoyed it. Will play a few of the missions and a campaign in the next few days too.

I said UA:D, not UA:AoS.

AoS is great. Dreadnoughts is an absolute abortion.

Destraex

I have to say I have enjoyed everything I have played from games labs so far. Naval Action, Ultimate General, Ultimate General Civil War, Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail. Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts is taking longer to finish but the core game was enjoyable... the campaign I have not looked at in years but I understand that is still being developed?
IIRC Games Labs are Ukrainian? So would not be surprised if they were a bit slower with development atm.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

DetCord

Quote from: Destraex on August 26, 2023, 10:54:06 PMI have to say I have enjoyed everything I have played from games labs so far. Naval Action, Ultimate General, Ultimate General Civil War, Ultimate Admiral Age of Sail. Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts is taking longer to finish but the core game was enjoyable... the campaign I have not looked at in years but I understand that is still being developed?
IIRC Games Labs are Ukrainian? So would not be surprised if they were a bit slower with development atm.

Game-Labs is spread out over various studios, one being in the Ukraine that's dev'd UA:D. The UG series is one game genre under the same team as is evident given the GUI. The AoS team is also the same, though it is split between teams in Greece and Malta.

Dreadnoughts on the other hand has one of the worst GUI's, CAI's, and TAI's I've ever seen.   

SirAndrewD

Dreadnoughts ended up being terrible and was largely abandoned.

It was always just trying to be a copy of Rule the Waves, blatantly so to the point it was almost a 1:1 attempt and adopting its system.

They're letting it go right now with it being essentially just a shell of a game with a terrible UI.

Hopefully they're on their game with the Revolution.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

DetCord

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 26, 2023, 11:38:35 PMDreadnoughts ended up being terrible and was largely abandoned.

It was always just trying to be a copy of Rule the Waves, blatantly so to the point it was almost a 1:1 attempt and adopting its system.

They're letting it go right now with it being essentially just a shell of a game with a terrible UI.

Hopefully they're on their game with the Revolution.

Funny thing is, the CAI in UA:D largely reacts the exact same as the CAI in Rule the Waves.

Recently playing RTW in a late-war start...

I watched Great Britain invade Norway and Denmark, the United States invade Canada and Columbia, and Russia invade South Africa, Australia, and India. So absurd, both games.   

SirAndrewD

Quote from: DetCord on August 26, 2023, 11:50:41 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 26, 2023, 11:38:35 PMDreadnoughts ended up being terrible and was largely abandoned.

It was always just trying to be a copy of Rule the Waves, blatantly so to the point it was almost a 1:1 attempt and adopting its system.

They're letting it go right now with it being essentially just a shell of a game with a terrible UI.

Hopefully they're on their game with the Revolution.

Funny thing is, the CAI in UA:D largely reacts the exact same as the CAI in Rule the Waves.

Recently playing RTW in a late-war start...

I watched Great Britain invade Norway and Denmark, the United States invade Canada and Columbia, and Russia invade South Africa, Australia, and India. So absurd, both games.   

I never honestly got to have any kind of a decent campaign in Dreadnoughts.

I played USA and Japan about twice each and in both cases most of the world had collapsed into anarchy due to naval spending by 1900.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

smittyohio

It'll be really interesting to see how this game plays out...  The American Revolution wasn't a particularly bloody war in terms of battlefield deaths, so I'm curious to see if they model that accurately.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Saw this posted at their forums...maybe getting closer.....


It's been confirmed that the game infrastructure is up and running on the download platform. Just waiting now for the latest version of the game to be uploaded and then the developers will announce a release date.