Ultimate General: American Revolution

Started by al_infierno, November 16, 2020, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^You are quick - just read that in my own email. I wonder how many builds they are planning.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

When will they introduce Dragons and Zombies?  You can't have a Revolutionary War game without Zombies.

The slow moving kind, that is.  Not the kind that runs as fast as a human being.    :peace:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2024, 12:11:12 PM^You are quick - just read that in my own email. I wonder how many builds they are planning.

There has been quite a few patches/update from the start. not really sure what they consider an actual build but even in the patches they have enhanced and made changes.

Grim.Reaper

Received a notice that early access will be coming to steam in June, although not a precise day given in the email.  Doesn't sound like existing game owners will receive free steam key, which not really surprised.

Gusington

^That may change. Although it was years ago by this point, I did get a free Steam key for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2024, 07:19:50 AM^That may change. Although it was years ago by this point, I did get a free Steam key for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts.

Yeah, I think they already declared not possible, something to do with their platform.  Pretty sure I recall them even saying it before buying into the current early access.  Not a big deal, I went into this knowing that was not going to happen and the game plays the same whether on Steam or their platform.

Gusington

^I don't have the early version of this...are they still using Xsolla (sp)? I do remember the similar back and forth with UA:D but in the end it worked out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on May 11, 2024, 07:42:38 AM^I don't have the early version of this...are they still using Xsolla (sp)? I do remember the similar back and forth with UA:D but in the end it worked out.

Yes still on Xsolla.  Guess we will see, on Discord seemed to have been clear it wouldn't be possible and I am still alright with that, doesn't matter to me where I play the game from, all the same thing to me:)

Destraex

I'd say that if it was Epic, steam would potentially just give keys away to get people over from Epic early access. Xsolla not being a major competitor to steam might not qualify for steam waving their share and giving a free key.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

On discord they implied it was more of a technical reason they could no longer give out steam keys, but no idea.  No regrets for me, I could care less about using different platforms to play games as long as they work and generally have the same features, which there is no indication they wouldn't.  Just a desktop shortcut to click on.

Skoop

You would think that it would be beneficial to unify all accounts under steam to make the logistics of updates easier. I could be wrong though, maybe maintaining 2 platforms is no big deal.  Sometimes with small devs, pinching Pennies matters.

Grim.Reaper

Doubt major deal to push code to multiple platforms, especially since they have been pushing the code to the existing platform already for 6-7 months

em2nought

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 02, 2024, 01:11:30 PMWhen will they introduce Dragons and Zombies?  You can't have a Revolutionary War game without Zombies.

The slow moving kind, that is.  Not the kind that runs as fast as a human being.    :peace:

Um, no. On the other hand a headless horseman might be fun.  :ThumbsUp:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

Excellent news...early adopters through xsolla will get free steam keys!  After Steam early access, they will actually be shutting down xsolla version.

@everyone Great News, Generals!
After long negotiations with Steam, we managed to get Steam keys for all versions purchased on our website. So, in June you will receive an email with Steam keys for the Premium edition. Since the number of keys is limited, we have suspended the sale of the basic version on our website and only left the General Edition.

@everyone Since further development will be moved to Steam and all current players will receive keys to upgrade to Steam, we will eventually stop supporting Xsolla at the end of Steam Early Access. All new features and content will be provided first in Xsolla, and only then on Steam. In other words, the British campaign will be available in the Xsolla version initially.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd