Astartes is now working with games workshop - 40k stories coming

Started by Destraex, March 10, 2021, 04:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

A reason to spend thousands on the relaunched fantasy battle game?

Destraex

This was supposed to be a teaser of some more of Astartes upcoming work a while back. Wonder if it has changed.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Maybe 'Geek. Maybe. But probably not.

Welcome back after a long hiatus!

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog



You know they're redoing the old world this year/next year
[/quote]

Really?!? Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info! 

Destraex

This is one of the other collaboration project trailers released 4 days ago. This time Tau. It definitely has less atmosphere than Astartes has.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2021, 10:08:03 AM
Maybe 'Geek. Maybe. But probably not.

Welcome back after a long hiatus!

Anyone lamenting the loss of old school warhammer needs friendly advice

I lurk for the poor souls

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I was skeptical to get into the Warhammer40K books, but finally stepped into the pool and didn't regret it.  I've only read a fraction of what's out there.

Dan Abnett's Gaunts Ghosts stories were top notch.  The much more humanized view of the Empire Forces through their eyes was more accessible to me than the more crazy, ritualized, and nearly superhuman characters found elsewhere in that universe and were a great intro. 

I also enjoyed the Blood Angels series--the authors do a surprisingly good job of adding doubt and despair to the struggles faced by that particular branch of the Imperial Marines.  I liked the Eisenhorn and Ravenor series of books written from the viewpoint of an Imperial Inquisitor, but found both series to be a bit more far-fetched.

I think it would be easy for me to OD on Warhammer 40K stuff, but dusting off a new book or two every few years has worked well for me.

Jarhead0331

Abnett is definitely one of the best, but I've found some of Aaron Dembeski-Bowden's books to be top notch, as well. I thought the Night Lords trilogy was excellent.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Geezer

I will second, or third, the praise for Dan Abnett.  Will have to check out the Night Lords trilogy.  Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Ordered the omnibus version on Amazon for $21 and free shipping.  Let the reading begin.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

^I didn't think it was possible but you're worse than me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

Not 40k but Brunner the bounty hunter is a good read set in the warhammer fantasy universe.