Main Menu

Ready or Not

Started by Jarhead0331, April 29, 2021, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero

https://california18.com/ready-or-not-beats-everyone-on-steam-the-best-selling-pc-game-this-christmas/2306292021/

Although the title is offered at full price (€ 35.99) in a phase dominated by the Steam Christmas Sale, the shooter no longer published by Team17 surprisingly places itself at the top of the weekly ranking of the best-selling titles on the Valve store.

al_infierno

Sounds to me like T17 picked the wrong time to part ways.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

DetCord

#47
I'm already modding it. Still have a long way to go with regards to the uniforms and weapons.

But I have been working on the ballistic shield and battering ram. WIP example for the shield in spec, normal and DEF textures.


DetCord

Finished the OPSC helmet, added custom team markings and patches (each team member has custom patches), weathered the helmets/gear and retextured them, retextured the MSA sets, added custom normals and specs to the helmets/rams/shields, AO's and the like, etc etc etc. Still a long way to go on the uniforms. Haven't even started.










al_infierno

I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.



DetCord

A bunch of people have profiled my mod but I just quite liked this one. This video didn't get a lot of views, but I did enjoy the presenter this time round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m55i0bhMSBs&t=206s

FBI-CIRG: https://www.nexusmods.com/readyornot/mods/462

DEA-SRT: https://www.nexusmods.com/readyornot/mods/271

al_infierno

Newest update for RoN looks incredible.  Hugely overhauled AI, they now take proper cover and can hide in closets & under beds, play dead, and seem to have overall more unpredictable behavior.


I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Jarhead0331

It actually looks like it might be too hard.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


al_infierno

^ I'd be willing to bet the playtesters were softballing the bots a bit to make them look better, but yeah it does look intense.  I won't be surprised if it takes a while to tweak it for optimum difficulty.  Suspects playing dead especially seems like it could be possibly very hard to balance
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pepperball everything in the face.  (I kinda already do that anyway.)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on June 05, 2022, 03:33:56 PM
^ I'd be willing to bet the playtesters were softballing the bots a bit to make them look better, but yeah it does look intense.  I won't be surprised if it takes a while to tweak it for optimum difficulty.  Suspects playing dead especially seems like it could be possibly very hard to balance

That and springing ambushes from closets, under beds and tables, etc..."when nobody is looking"!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Sigwolf

Now it's been pulled from Steam, apparently over a nightclub level added on the anniversary of the Pulse shooting.

al_infierno

Well, that's just stupid.  The nightclub level isn't even publicly available, it's only part of a supporter-only beta branch.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.