Carrier Command - Microprose

Started by Zulu1966, June 06, 2021, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zulu1966

So has anyone played the BETA. Man was so looking forward to a modern interpretation of this game.

WTF - they made it look worse than the original. ~Why build a game purposely to make it look like it came from an amiga.

Jeez ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

I was a little surprised by the retro look, but I don't think it is that terrible. It is high res and stylistic, but I agree, it would have been much cooler to really make the graphics shine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


ArizonaTank

I think retro look can work...it is really all about the gameplay for me.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

hellfish6

I like the retro look. Gameplay looks pretty interesting too. Definitely a buy, maybe a look-and-see-for-when for reviews and post-launch support or sales, though.

Zulu1966

Each to their own I guess. I will give it another go but still a big disappointment.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.


al_infierno

Tried out the demo and I liked it quite a lot.  I never played the original so I have no frame of reference, but this seems like an awesome carrier sim with your standard power/ammo/engine/etc. management.  I dig all the little interactive screens and bells and whistles that give you information about the ship's status, weather conditions, radar, and so on.  The command deck is a bit busy with screens and buttons but it's all clean and clearly laid out.  The loadout customization for vehicles seemed really cool and reminded me of the original X-Com.

The retro style is a bit rough when you look closely at textures, but from distances I think the game looks quite nice.  The waypoint system was a bit funky in that I didn't seem to be able to move or delete any waypoints for my moving ground forces - not sure if that's intentional but it's rather annoying.  Overall I'll definitely be checking this out when it comes out.

Here's a couple screenshots - one that shows my view of my deploying SEAL team approaching the opfor island, and another zoomed in for a better look.



I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

The_Admiral

The demo has been updated to support cooperative multiplayer. This is how it feels to play with friends  8)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1060690376