Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive releases November 18th

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 28, 2021, 11:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper


Geezer

Luckily for me it will be about a month before I get my coupon!   :)

Edit - Just checked and my coupon date is December 9th.  It should be 50% off.   :clap:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

bobarossa

Get mine day after Christmas!  I know what one of my purchases will be!

Crossroads

Squee :smitten:

My coupon expired over a month ago but this one I want  \m/
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sparhawk

After so much time in Shadow Empire I think I'd feel right at home in this game.

Destraex

The ardennes. Meeting engagements in that one that should be wego right?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FlickJax


Phantom

Much as I like the Decisive Campaigns series (I've got Warsaw, Case Blue & Barbarossa) I can't help but think, meh, another Bulge game. Will probably skip this one.

demjansk1942

I have all of them and never play them, will pass on another game.  I hope it's good though for others.

Phantom

Quote from: demjansk1942 on September 29, 2021, 04:22:04 PM
I have all of them and never play them, will pass on another game.  I hope it's good though for others.

That's a shame, whilst complex "under the hood" they're quite easy to learn & get into. I'd definitely try Warsaw, the Polish campaign is rarely done by anyone, and after grasping a few basics the game is good, as if you do things correctly militarily, it will generally pan out well in game terms. Plus you've got France, Netherlands & Sealion - lot of bang for your buck for a modern game.
Regarding Barbarossa, whilst it uses the same system operationally/tactically (with a few caveats ref air & artillery) its really ground-breaking in its almost role play quality at the strategic level, worth a try for that aspect alone IMO.
With both games I've frequently found myself in "just one more turn" territory.

al_infierno

Quote from: Phantom on September 30, 2021, 01:15:06 PM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on September 29, 2021, 04:22:04 PM
I have all of them and never play them, will pass on another game.  I hope it's good though for others.

That's a shame, whilst complex "under the hood" they're quite easy to learn & get into. I'd definitely try Warsaw, the Polish campaign is rarely done by anyone, and after grasping a few basics the game is good, as if you do things correctly militarily, it will generally pan out well in game terms. Plus you've got France, Netherlands & Sealion - lot of bang for your buck for a modern game.
Regarding Barbarossa, whilst it uses the same system operationally/tactically (with a few caveats ref air & artillery) its really ground-breaking in its almost role play quality at the strategic level, worth a try for that aspect alone IMO.
With both games I've frequently found myself in "just one more turn" territory.

+1, I don't have the focus or energy for eastern front games these days so I'm looking forward to this one.  If this is anything like Barbarossa but on a more manageable scale, I'll be all in.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Rayfer

Found this YouTube video off a Matrix website link.  This is going to play significantly different than the first 3 games in the series.  It's less than 4 minutes long and worth the watch if you're interested in this series.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7U5yV1fN5s&t=3s

Geezer

I'll be getting this in December when my 50% off coupon arrives.  Maybe on December 16th!   ;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Rayfer

Quote from: Geezer on November 03, 2021, 01:54:06 PM
I'll be getting this in December when my 50% off coupon arrives.  Maybe on December 16th!   ;)

Well played Geezer..... ;)