Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

the russians have deployed Meal Team 2.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

"Now get this- then she lays back and says 'Do as you like', so I ladle up some borscht with extra sour cream and..."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

New model Russian tanks, T-Waist-Size 90's?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

and in more Russia news...

Aug 19, Russian lunar lander crashes

Aug 30, Russian space program rocket expert dies from mushroom poisoning...

OK, so the guy was admitted to the hospital a day before the lander was launched...and he just died yesterday.

But you know...Russia... Even if it is a coincidence, nobody will believe it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-russian-rocket-scientist-dies-of-mushroom-poisoning-weeks-after-moscow-s-failed-moon-landing/ar-AA1g6voJ

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

not a map but the most extensive cope cage yet.
this is a UAF 109.

JasonPratt

A recap of war-related news 14 hours ago by Business Basics:

One of the big things is Ukraine confirming their huge drone-strike operation on Pskov was launched by Ukraine from within Russia itself!

Uk pilots are training on Gripens, too, which will help them get up to speed on other modern jet systems later (like the F-16), and opens the door for nations (like Sweden or wherever Saab is based) to send excess Gripens to Ukraine later.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

the latest and greatest of russian defense procedures.
tires on the wings...   :doh:

JudgeDredd

Personally - and I'm fully aware of risk and understand the nations leaders being cautious - I'm ashamed of the west. Not NATO necessarily because they have "an out". But I'm ashaemd to be a European.

We've seen over decades how bullies, going unchecked, just crack on.

Putin is a fucking bully - and needs putting into check. He relies on the fears of nuclear war...and those fears are genuine - no doubt. But the West's answer is to not deal with him because "we're scared".

So we trickle help in and hope that will stem the flow of Russia. But honestly all it really does is put Ukrainian lives at risk whilst we sit on the sidelines and see how good (or bad) our kit is.

IMO, back in 2014, the UN should've got involved. With the UN involved, NATO could intervene when UN forces were attacked...and the UN being a multinational union would have been able to expect such support.

I know that's gone now - so the next best thing is for the West to say "No - our fighters are here to help Ukraine fight this aggression" and get fighters in there.

We did it in 1939 (well America did in 1941). I know Nuclear War is a concern...but fuck that shit. We can't live under the threat of a cunt because he's threatening nuclear armaggedon.

The west needs to get in there totally. No fucking half measures. Get in their and kick the fuckers out.

I'm not talking about America here. I'm talking about Europe. It's on their doorstep. When and if the Americans get involved is neither here nor there...stop this aggression now.

We fucked up in the 90's with Bosnia by waiting on the sidelines for the Americans to take the lead. Fuck that. Get in and kick that fucker out. Now.

That is all I have to say on the matter!

Good day gentlemen.
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

SirAndrewD

So previously I had been following the battle of Verbove and said I'd heard some stuff that I didn't trust that was too good to be true. 

I'll go over it a bit now that things have settled in and why what I said was partly true partly not. 

So, anyone following knows now, that yes, the UAF broke the Surovikin line.  Everyone reports it now and it's a fact and there are possible next moves now that there's only one major line of defense left. 

What I'd heard was that, but only in part.  And I'm still not sure how much of the rest is true.

The reports that came out when the line fell was that there was a "general collapse".  The Russians shattered in multiple points and didn't defend the line as intended.

Words on Telegram were "Catastrophic" or "Disaster".  A lot of Russians felt the whole line would roll up west of Verbove where the UAF flanked the city and surprised the Russians with a concentrated and strong assault, something they'd hesitated to do.

That isn't entirely what happened.  The UAF did get into the works and past it, and now they have a solid control of the main part of the Surovikin line with the second line all that remains.

However, the Russians did retreat in good order, they did survive because of a spirited but failed counterattack by the 76th GAAD towards Robotyne, and the UAF did follow what has been their doctrine so far.  They dispersed their forces after they concentrated and are consolidating with their heavy units now pulling back and providing support.

A report from one UAF soldier said that after they broke the line the sky became "black" with drones.  The Russians are looking for concentrations to attack and the UAF is being pretty swift in only bringing strong forces together long enough to make a crack and then disperse.

Anything we see in the press right now is what it is.  They Russians are in a pretty bad position and know it.  They're digging new entrenchments north of Melitopol and committing what they have to Verbove. 

Verbove is now half and half in control and it looks like it will teeter.  The UAF is now using the Surovikin line themselves as their base of operations, turning the Russian works against them. 

It's going to be a to the bayonet's type of fight.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

thats a nice widening of the base.  I wonder if the UAF will start pushing a bit south west now.

GDS_Starfury

not to be outdone by the idea of tires on planes the russian army puts mobile SAM systems on bin block pedestals to defend moscow.