Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Uberhaus on December 20, 2023, 06:07:45 PMhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/12/20/russia-ukraine-war-latest-news-front-line-attack-putin-live/

QuoteThe DIU said: "In the Kupyansk direction of the front of the occupiers, rat-bite fever is mowing down en masse.

"As a result, rat-bite fever significantly reduced the fighting ability of the Russian rats."

Just waiting on Putin to declare that cat-scratch fever is the cure.

I wonder if Terrible Ted has weighed in on Putin's side in this whole struggle? 

The dude was better as a guitarist than a political commentator, I'll admit.

Windigo

Just because you are very good at one thing doesn't make you good at other things - some famous basketball player's sojourn into baseball clearly demonstrated that.

It's like all those wanna be lawyers and climatologists.... :ROFL: 
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bobarossa

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

ya.... thats not going to buff out.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

That is the epitome of being "Burned to the Waterline." Definitely tops the USS Belknap (CG-26)

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

I do think its one of the prettier explosions of the war.

JasonPratt

Man, even Godzilla would be impressed with that flattening!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

It's amazing to me that the Russians even keep vessels that large anywhere within the theoretical range of Ukraine's missiles. 

Is it because they don't have a choice?

I took a quick look at Google maps / satellite view. To my untrained eye, there are only a few port facilities down the eastern coast of the Black Sea. Sochi is probably no good, because they navy wouldn't be allowed to displace all those yachts.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Windigo

It definitely was a giant sized kaboom. Follow up picks showed it had rolled and had next to nothing for superstructure. The loss of a large landing craft and the contents have got to hurt - russian logistics must look like a stadium sized twister game.. 
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.