Back in the water!

Started by MarkShot, August 23, 2012, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShot

Here it is! This is great reading for any bubble grog!

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/index.htm#ss

Nefaro

Ahh cool.  It's got the old original Attack Course Finder and Angle Solver along with a Torpedo Fire Control handbook.   8)

Although I don't think I'd wade through much of that.  I'll settle with doing manual fire control in the SH series and be happy with that.  :D

MarkShot

After 6 real years, I've started a new AOD career.

I took U-72 (VIIC) out from La Rochelle on 07/26/42 headed for a patrol around the Caribbean. We are making about 8-9kts to conserve fuel.

We spent the week doing diving and maneuver drills. We can crash dive to 150M in about 2.5 minutes. We spotted one British patrol plane and spent the afternoon making a slow 3kts submerged.

A week out The Watch spotted a loan 5,000 ton American merchant which The Gun Crew sent to the bottom.

Now, we back on route staying South in the Air Gap as much as we can. The crew is young, but well motivated. They pass boredom talking of Fräuleins eager to give sons to the Fatherland and convoys.

Nefaro

Quote from: MarkShot on October 04, 2012, 09:10:17 PM

I took U-72 (VIIC) out from La Rochelle on 07/26/42 headed for a patrol around the Caribbean. We are making about 8-9kts to conserve fuel.

A Type VII sent to the Caribbean?!  :o  That's quite a fuel stretch.  I thought they only sent Type IXs over to the American coast?

MarkShot

Orders are orders ...

You can do it at 8 kts.

Herman Hum

ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Nefaro

Quote from: MarkShot on October 05, 2012, 06:18:51 AM
Orders are orders ...

You can do it at 8 kts.

Heh!

Sounds like you were sent on a pleasure cruise.  Get there, turn around and come back?

No time for patrolling Dr. Jones!   :P

MarkShot

Log entry ...

08/02/42 20:00 - The ocean is vast and empty.

That kind of sums up how the current patrol/game is going.  Well, I have to relinquish the laptop to my wife now.  Better hunting next time ...

MarkShot

An early finish today ... I am going back out on patrol!

MarkShot

One thing I like about SHCE is that it gave you environmental conditions on the calendar screen.  In AOD, you just need to eyeball it, mainly on the bridge screen.

Of course, I might like to be playing some SHCE, as well, but my laptop cannot handle it with DOSBOX.

MarkShot

08/15/42:  Patrolling (as a picket) attempting to intercept a convoy reported by U-1011.  Picket line North of Puerto Rico to Hispaniola.

Fuel well conserved 70%. Morale picking up as the hunt is on!

MarkShot

Every three hours we are taking hydrophone soundings.

MarkShot

08/17/42

Spotted and sank a 7,000 ton lone merchant with the deck gun.

The convoy obviously slipped by.

We still have some fuel before we need to head back.  We'll cruise the North coast of Brazil.  Lot's of sinkings have been reported there recently.

MarkShot

Some photos from my personal scrap book:

MarkShot

We still have eels and diesel to make this a heroic cruise.