Back in the water!

Started by MarkShot, August 23, 2012, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShot

Quote from: Oche on October 31, 2012, 07:25:43 PM
Nice, don't forget to capture life guard assignment screens. For some reason i Always felt greater accomplishment after doing those in SH1 than in SH4.

I actually skipped those things in the past, but I will give it a shot if it comes up.  :)

Oche

Avoiding aircraft near Luzon..

LongBlade

Quote from: Oche on November 01, 2012, 10:25:12 PM
Avoiding aircraft near Luzon..

I don't know why I like that, but I do.

Thanks for sharing it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MarkShot

I am actually taking a break and going to play the 1830PC Stock Market.

Yskonyn

I haven't dug through all the pages, but from the beginning it seemed that Dangerous Waters was talked about?
Is there interest in playing this title multiplayer? If so, count me in as being interested.
If this thread has progressed towards SIlent Hunter (as would be logical from the screenshot above) then disregard. ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2012, 05:02:12 AM
I haven't dug through all the pages, but from the beginning it seemed that Dangerous Waters was talked about?
Is there interest in playing this title multiplayer? If so, count me in as being interested.
If this thread has progressed towards SIlent Hunter (as would be logical from the screenshot above) then disregard. ;)

Mark was playing it for a stint, but he moved on to SH (and now moved back to 1830). 

MarkShot

Well, I've never considered playing SC or DW MP.

Only my desktop could handle SC and DW.  Once I packed it away, I was left with the laptop and AOD and SHCE.

I know Herman is always looking for MP action if you are interested in playing H3.

MarkShot

Out on patrol again.  This time on the way to Taiwan.  We are excited to see if the new radar will contribute to our attack prosecution.

MarkShot

Oche gets his wish!  (now I need to look this up in the manual to see what exactly I need to do)

Nefaro

OOooo!  Top Secret Ninja Sh*t!  ;)

Probably have to "sneak" into a shallow harbor, with a couple destroyers watchin' the gates, and surface for a time (or some such).  G'luck!  Don't go dyin' on me!  :P

MarkShot

From the manual:

Photo Recon Miss ion
The Photo Recon mission takes advantage of a submarine's ability to approach a target (hopefully)
undetected, gather valuable intelligence, and escape.
You are assigned to Photo Recon missions in campaigns via a radio transmission. In addition to the
radio message a red "T" icon appears on the chart screen over the facilities to be photographed. In
order to successfully complete a Photo Recon Mission the sub must move close enough to the target
area. A "red" light, located in the TBT or Periscope viewing area will indicate the sub is close enough
to take a picture. The "TAB" key is used to take the photograph. You know the mission has been
accomplished when the "T" icon disappears from the chart screen; this is accompanied by a voice and
text message stating "Mission completed, sir." Scoring - Each completed Photo Recon mission is
worth 500 points at the 100% realism setting. NOTE: Photo Recon missions can only be accomplished
during daylight hours. It is best to remain completely zoomed out (1x) in order to locate the area that
needs to be photographed.

MarkShot

Making best speed to Keelung harbor:

Yskonyn

:) Those shots look pretty good, MarkShot.
Good luck with the mission.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MarkShot

Looks like they remembered to close the back door!

Oche

Niiiice thx ;). Wow, SH1 still stands up against the sequels, amazing. Let us know of your experience with the port defenses in Keelung when you creep up (if the captain decides to do so  :) ) to take the photograph.