Main Menu

Starfield

Started by Zulu1966, December 11, 2021, 04:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

I have no willpower. I just preordered the Digital Premium Edition.  I never preorder.  And I never get premium editions.  I need an intervention.....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

DetCord

LA trailer.

Leaked gameplay. Contains heavy spoilers.
https://gofile.io/d/sxVSdG

Quote from: Destraex on August 23, 2023, 01:20:55 AM
Quote from: DetCord on August 22, 2023, 10:16:04 PMI just preordered the Digital Premium Edition after listening to a friend of mine describe his experiences (review copy) for nearly an hour on Discord. He's absolutely blown away, and this is coming from someone that thought F76 was abysmal, F4 is utterly mediocre, and Skyrim is completely overrated.

Sold. 

Just to qualify things, I am curious to know what your friend thinks of star citizen in comparison and what games he does actually think are stellar apart from starfield. But it sounds like starfield is a winner from all the things I am hearing.

I know he has SC but I don't think he's played it in quite awhile, I know I haven't. I don't even have it installed anymore. Then again, I bought into SC knowing exactly who Roberts is and his fairly abysmal track record. History is just repeating itself (Freelancer) with regards to Star Citizen, only this time Microsoft isn't coming to save his ass or the company (Digital Anvil) he formed and then abandoned.

Skoop

#47
I'm beginning to think someone will have to take over star citizen and cutoff Chris if SQ42 doesn't come out soon or flops.  Until starfield has MP, I won't be selling off my star citizen account, a space MMO is something starfield will never be, so both will always have a place.  The sooner SC completes SQ42 so they can be rid of it and focus on the PU, the better.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Skoop on August 23, 2023, 03:36:11 PMI'm beginning to think someone will have to take over star citizen and cutoff Chris if SQ42 doesn't come out soon or flops.  Until starfield has MP, I won't be selling off my star citizen account, a space MMO is something starfield will never be, so both will always have a place.  The sooner SC completes SQ42 so they can be rid of it and focus on the PU, the better.

And who is positioned to do that?

Skoop

No one really, just thinking out loud.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Skoop on August 24, 2023, 12:12:49 AMNo one really, just thinking out loud.

I wish they would, but the cynical but true situation is that whoever his investors are are making money out the wazoo, and obviously the consumers are not empowered legally to do anything.

DetCord

#51
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on August 24, 2023, 07:00:46 AM
Quote from: Skoop on August 24, 2023, 12:12:49 AMNo one really, just thinking out loud.

I wish they would, but the cynical but true situation is that whoever his investors are are making money out the wazoo, and obviously the consumers are not empowered legally to do anything.

SC will never be completed. Their business model prohibits it and is far too lucrative to do so.

Did a wallpaper for anyone interested. Created in Photoshop using my Wacom Cintiq.


mbar

It will be interesting to see how Starfield compares to The Outer Worlds in gameplay. At the moment I am expecting Skyrim in Spaaaaaace. (I don't have Outer Worlds either.)

smittyohio

Quote from: mbar on August 27, 2023, 12:04:23 PMIt will be interesting to see how Starfield compares to The Outer Worlds in gameplay. At the moment I am expecting Skyrim in Spaaaaaace. (I don't have Outer Worlds either.)

I'd love to be able to compare... I got Outer Worlds in July's Humble Choice and when I tried to redeem it, it said they were temporarily out of keys.   Never mind that they are still selling the game with Steam keys on their site.  I will not give them another dime until I get that key, I don't care what's in the Choice selection.

ArizonaTank

Discussion with Dev Director at Bethesda

Somewhat Bethesda propaganda'ish

But interesting that the guy cites the old paper and pen RPG "Traveler" by GDW as an inspiration.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Skoop

I don't blame you guys for getting the premium edition, will be nice to jump in just a few days from now.  I just stuck with the standard, I won't have the time to dive in till then anyway, but will be watching all the first impressions buzz.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on August 29, 2023, 12:42:45 PMI don't blame you guys for getting the premium edition, will be nice to jump in just a few days from now.  I just stuck with the standard, I won't have the time to dive in till then anyway, but will be watching all the first impressions buzz.

You'll have time to learn from the mistakes of all of us who go in early.

My deciding point of Premium was the future DLC being included as well.  By all that's said and done it'll cost about the same for me either way and at least this way I'll get an extra weekend to waste.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Zulu1966

Get it free with game pass.

Though need to buy an extra SSD first...didn't realise it was an absolute requirement to even let you install the game and my current SSD has command ops on it.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Zulu1966 on August 29, 2023, 01:36:04 PMGet it free with game pass.

Though need to buy an extra SSD first...didn't realise it was an absolute requirement to even let you install the game and my current SSD has command ops on it.

How can the game tell if you have an SSD?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on August 29, 2023, 01:37:17 PMHow can the game tell if you have an SSD?

I don't think it can.

From the scuttlebutt the SSD requirement is a soft one. The game will install on an HDD but on the vast majority of conventional unenhanced mechanical drives the load times will be so slow as to be prohibitive, hence the SSD "requirement". 

Imagine it like any minimum required specs sheet.  That's not always a hard and fast rule when you're talking gear that's just below the minimum.  It might work, but you won't have an experience that is even remotely playable.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback