Nebulous Fleet Command: space rts, physics, lan, multiplayer, z axis

Started by Destraex, December 28, 2021, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 04, 2022, 07:44:05 AM
Guys...it's...early....access....as stated several times in this thread, the developer is working on a story campaign and a strategic conquest mode. There are also other fleet assets being developed, like carriers and marine boarding vessels.  You guys are being way too unreasonably harsh on this one. Give it some time to develop. It's a single developer on active duty in the navy. What else is out there that has the foundation of this game? Nothing.

That being said, you can't please everyone so maybe you still won't like it even once it's actually finished and fully featured.
"strategic conquest mode"
I have to go find out if this mode is for multiplayer. Because my whole aim is to comp stomp with mates. If it's just set piece fleets.... and I seem to remember that what you have to begin with is it, no re-enforcements, then their is no opportunity to change strategy during a game. This is why these kinds of games tend to become samish. Because people do not mix their strats up very much and situations tend to be the same. META is much easier to achieve.

Jar I am rooting for this game. I have to play it a tonne more. I have only scratched the surface. But those are the things I see limiting its potential to be a homeworld3 competitor AAA title at the moment. I think it really could be in the same ball park if those couple of things were changed.

I am not being critical because I hate it! I'm picking on the 1% that I see holding it back. Loving the rest. But that 1% is going to be a deal breaker I think. Because it gives context and length to the games. Opportunities for more than one or two skirmishes and a strategic goal in multiplayer to achieve.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Just picked this up. Heaven only knows when I will have time to play it. I am busy with Shadow Empire plus I have only played TW Warhammer III two hours AND I have a war in the Ukraine to manage.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop


I love the combat engine so far, but it definitely needs more meat in the form of a campaign or strat layer.  Would this combat engine be great for something like distant worlds to be the ultimate 4x game ?

You definitely feel the lethality of modern weapons like the battles portray in expanse.  Played one skirmish where the AI had me completely jammed with ew and I couldn't even find targets.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I find lobbing a few bearing-only missiles in the direction of the suspected jammer is enough to get them to light up their PDCs.  Then you hit the location with rail guns. 

solops

Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2022, 10:47:10 AM
^Are you...Putin?
No. You may address me as Mr. Big, head of K---, a Delaware corporation. Control is an illusion and both sides are quite a mess! Perhaps they will get smart and heed us.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

I just saw this announcement on my Discord feed:

For those interested, There will be a live demonstration of Nebulous Fleet Command this Friday, March 4, 730-8pm (Eastern). Apprently there will be an opportunity to play some rounds and/or spectate the action. Details here: https://discord.com/channels/911355672132730893/927360940335325194/945137802646028368
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Tripoli on March 09, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
I just saw this announcement on my Discord feed:

For those interested, There will be a live demonstration of Nebulous Fleet Command this Friday, March 4, 730-8pm (Eastern). Apprently there will be an opportunity to play some rounds and/or spectate the action. Details here: https://discord.com/channels/911355672132730893/927360940335325194/945137802646028368
So what was it like Tripoli?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tripoli

Quote from: Destraex on March 18, 2022, 06:52:19 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on March 09, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
I just saw this announcement on my Discord feed:

For those interested, There will be a live demonstration of Nebulous Fleet Command this Friday, March 4, 730-8pm (Eastern). Apprently there will be an opportunity to play some rounds and/or spectate the action. Details here: https://discord.com/channels/911355672132730893/927360940335325194/945137802646028368
So what was it like Tripoli?

I'm  embarrassed to admit that the event was on 4 March, and had already occurred when I saw the announcement-its just that I didn't realize it had already happened.  :-[   The mind is always the first thing to go when you get old..... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

Some really interesting updates out now on this game. Serious work on EW\ELINT compared to most games.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Silent Disapproval Robot

#73
Totally nerfed my sneaky corvette missile boat fleet.  Now, even with radars off and comes set to "receive" only  I still can't get my detection stat to lower even with prowler drives.  Sadness... I was having fun with it.  It was basically a U-boat wolfpack in space.  Sneak around until enemy ships were detected, fire off 120 or so cruise missiles and then bravely run away.

Skoop