Strategic Command: American Civil War Announced

Started by steve58, April 07, 2022, 01:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tanaka

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 30, 2023, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: Tanaka on January 30, 2023, 01:05:17 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 28, 2023, 05:51:36 AM
Quote from: Tanaka on January 27, 2023, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2023, 10:51:04 PM^I am not seeing that discount  :huh:

You have to buy the SCACW complete collection bundle. Click on it and you will see the discount.
Quote from: Tanaka on January 27, 2023, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2023, 10:51:04 PM^I am not seeing that discount  :huh:

You have to buy the SCACW complete collection bundle. Click on it and you will see the discount.

Even when I click on the complete bundle, I don't see the $11 cost, I see the same $13.49 price as Matrix is selling it for.  Maybe has to do with the region your purchasing from?



Sorry I think it is the one below that. The Strategic Command Complete Bundle. It worked for me anyway.

The only other bundle below that is the Strategic Command Series complete bundle which contains games beyond the ACW.  Maybe you own all those games as well, which got you a better deal for the DLC...I don't own all the non-ACW products.  No big deal, I was just curious why different.  Thanks.



Yes that must be the reason. I do own all of the games.

WallysWorld

FYI that the latest patch along with the added Russo-Japanese war campaign has been released:

Strategic Command: American Civil War patch 1.08
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

Yes, and just a reminder that the Russo Japanese War campaign is free to current owners of the base game!  :ThumbsUp:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Nice free additions to the game for sure.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tanaka

#80
My mod for SCACW has been posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1966130/discussions/0/664970992295405328/

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413783

 SCACW TANAKA MOD 1.0: Damn the Torpedoes! Full Speed Ahead!

This began with my interest in recreating the Battle of Mobile Bay and as I learned to use the editor this led to more changes that I studied on and off the forums that interested me. I have tested and enjoyed these changes against the AI. I am interested in improving any aspects of this wonderful game (Thank you SC Devs!) so if you have any other suggestions, critiques, or interests you would like to see included in this mod please feel free to discuss and I may add/change and will include you in the credits!

EASTERN THEATER:

Fort Moultrie and Fort Johnson added to Charleston Harbor. (This includes Fort Sumter defenses)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_John ... _Carolina)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Moultrie
Fort Walker added to Hilton Head Island, SC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Walker_(Hilton_Head)
Fort James Jackson added to Savannah GA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_James_Jackson
Beaufort, SC location improved. (Port could be fired upon by Forts)
Fort Clinch added: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Clinch
Fernandina, Florida location improved and port added.
St. Augustine, Florida location improved and port added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augus ... _Civil_War
Town and Battle of Olustee, Florida added.
Town and Battle of Gainesville, Florida added.
Pilatka, Florida renamed Palatka, Florida.
St. Augustine connected to Palatka, Florida.
Fort Harilee renamed Fort Harllee
New Smyrna, Florida added. Port added.
Cedar Key, Florida port added: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Key,_Florida
Fort Myers and port added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Myers,_Florida

WESTERN THEATER:

Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines (Battle of Mobile Bay) added. Moved blockade runner one hex south due to these new forts. Spanish Fort added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mobile_Bay
Pensacola, Florida location improved. Connected to Blakely, AL by rail.
Fort Barrancas added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Barrancas
New Orleans: Fort St. Philip added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_New_Orleans
Lake Pontchartrain opened to Gulf of Mexico. Fort Pike to guard entrance added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Pike
Ships in New Orleans Levee Hex can now be attacked by land forces as per any river hex.
Fort Berwick LA with port added and connected by railroad: https://fortwiki.com/Fort_Berwick
Columbus, Kentucky added. Port added.
Hickman, Kentucky river location improved and port added.
New Madrid, Missouri river location and historical terrain improved. Port added.
AI Scripts updated to reflect changes.
Union AI fleet scripts improved in Gulf of Mexico. (Wandered aimlessly around southwest of Louisiana.)

NEW MEXICO THEATER:

Fort Union added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Unio ... l_Monument
Canadian River Settlement removed.
Fort Fillmore added. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Fillmore
Bentley's Fort renamed Fort Wise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Fort_Wise

DOWNLOAD: https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?p=5248870#p5248870

INSTALLATION: Unzip to your documents/campaigns folder.

CREDITS: Many thanks to DarkHorse2 and Mithrilotter for their forum suggestions. Please see the main Matrix forum and tech support forum discussions.




Tanaka

#81
Also new free content: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1966130/view/568143233911097473

Free Content and Update v1.11.04 - Out Now

This year marks the 25th anniversary of Matrix Games, and such occasion deserves something special. To celebrate, we are glad to announce that a free DLC campaign for everyone who owns American Civil War is out now.

The campaign's title is: 1894 Imperial Twilight, and it covers the First Sino-Japanese War.

But that's not all, alongside this free campaign, we are releasing a new update for the game, featuring various fixes and improvements. You can check the patch notes here below:

UPDATE v1.11.04

GAME ENGINE

    Fixed an Artillery return fire error (gamerdude).

    Fixed a UNIT script error that would not deploy naval units when a country joins/enters the war (Lothos).

    Fixed a naval unit swapping error (havoc1371).

    Fixed an AP reduction error when a unit is surprised during movement (Dudeman).

    Fixed an Artillery return fire error (gamerdude).

    Fixed a UNIT script error that would not deploy naval units when a country joins/enters the war (Lothos).

CAMPAIGNS

    1904

        Increased FS impact of Russian blockade to 200 per hex per turn (was 100) (Robert)

We hope you enjoy this new addition, have fun!

W8taminute

Tanaka, does your mod enhance the grand campaign or is it meant only for short and limited scope scenarios?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

#83
Quote from: W8taminute on November 23, 2025, 01:19:41 PMTanaka, does your mod enhance the grand campaign or is it meant only for short and limited scope scenarios?

Hi my mod is the grand campaign only yes. Many more changes in the thread now cannot post them all here...

Tanaka

#84
Quote from: Tanaka on November 28, 2025, 04:30:47 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 23, 2025, 01:19:41 PMTanaka, does your mod enhance the grand campaign or is it meant only for short and limited scope scenarios?

Hi my mod is the grand campaign only yes. Many more changes in the thread now cannot post them all here...

TANAKA MOD SCACW featured on TheHistoricalGamer: