New War Room Game

Started by Probus, October 16, 2022, 11:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Probus

New to Grogheads and new to War Room.  Does anyone have any suggestions for playing the Brits in Larry Harris' War Room.  This is my first real game of it (6 player) and it is quite overwhelming to say the least.

Jarhead0331

Welcome...

Sorry I can't help as I'm not familiar with this game, but it looks awesome!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Gentlemen...you can't fight in here...
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

Brits are probably the toughest nation to play.  You've got a presence everywhere but it's always weak.

1) Beware of a turn 2 German invasion of England.  Try to get the US player to bring over as much air power as they can on turn 1 to help discourage this.

2) Fight like hell to hold on to N. Africa.  If the Italians manage to dislodge you, you'll never get it back and will likely lose Iraq and India as well as giving the Germans an alternate attack route to Caucasus. 

3)  You'll end up having to give ground somewhere.  This is largely dependent on what the Italians and Japanese do.  India seems to be the one likeliest to get the chop when we play as the Brit player pulls those troops out in order to strengthen Africa.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

That looks so cool. Is it any good played solitaire?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  It uses a bidding system for initiative and secret written orders so solo is a no-go.  It's a fun game and a real attention grabber when it's on the table but it's looooonnnnggg for what it is.  A full game with 5-6 players is going to run 6-8 hours.