WDS/Tiller Winter Sale Starts Today

Started by Rayfer, December 16, 2022, 10:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Wow! The SB stuff almost looks like a new game or series. That's really awesome to see such a beloved series getting attention.

Thank you! :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


-budd-

Thanks for preview, looks awesome. The new zoom and facing will be great. I already love the new tool bar and appreciate that it will be familiar between series. I didn't like the top down infantry, but not sure how I feel about all portraits for all infantry types. All HQ's cool but I kind of like a side on view like below for infantry. But of course its all subjective. Appreciate all your guys work, especially all the effort you put into the documentation and extras, its appreciated and effort like that should be supported. Happy Holidays

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Those screen shots are awesome!

Keep up the GREAT work, men
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Grim.Reaper

#18
Quote from: rahamy on December 17, 2022, 10:53:22 AM
Just an FYI - a major overhaul of the SB series is underway - with fixes, enhancements, etc. You should start seeing those in the not to distant future, beginning with Advance of the Reich and Red Victory. Eventually all the titles will see the updates.

This is good news...I know you cant say specific time frames, but any general ideas for the other titles?  ATR and RV aren't necessarily at the top of my list of games I would purchase from the series so just wondering if we are weeks or months away from the rest. Or is it far enough away best to wait and pick up sb titles during summer 2023 sale:) Appreciate the continued work!

rahamy

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 17, 2022, 07:01:58 PM
This is good news...I know you cant say specific time frames, but any general ideas for the other titles?  ATR and RV aren't necessarily at the top of my list of games I would purchase from the series so just wondering if we are weeks or months away from the rest. Or is it far enough away best to wait and pick up sb titles during summer 2023 sale:) Appreciate the continued work!

Weeks for the first two I mention...I would expect some months on the others, just being realistic. The hard thing about the Squad Battles series is it has so many unique titles in it... graphics that work with Winter War don't with Dien Bien Phu, or Spanish Civil War for example. Lots and lots of work...

And no pressure  8) - but these will be free updates to existing owners, so wait, or not, you'll get them for all purchased titles when ready.  O0
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Grim.Reaper

#20
Quote from: rahamy on December 17, 2022, 07:09:06 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 17, 2022, 07:01:58 PM
This is good news...I know you cant say specific time frames, but any general ideas for the other titles?  ATR and RV aren't necessarily at the top of my list of games I would purchase from the series so just wondering if we are weeks or months away from the rest. Or is it far enough away best to wait and pick up sb titles during summer 2023 sale:) Appreciate the continued work!

Weeks for the first two I mention...I would expect some months on the others, just being realistic. The hard thing about the Squad Battles series is it has so many unique titles in it... graphics that work with Winter War don't with Dien Bien Phu, or Spanish Civil War for example. Lots and lots of work...

And no pressure  8) - but these will be free updates to existing owners, so wait, or not, you'll get them for all purchased titles when ready.  O0

Thanks for the quick update.  You did this for me in the past with civil war titles, could you list the games in order of release date?  No doubt I will pick some up at some point but just weighing options of playing other games until these new versions come up.  You'll definitely get some of my money :). Also could you recommend maybe the top five or so that would be best for a solo player?

rahamy

Order of release:

Vietnam
Tour of Duty
The Proud and the Few
Eagles Strike
The Korean War
Advance of the Reich
Pacific War
Soviet-Afghan War
Winter War
Spanish Civil War
Dien Bien Phu
Red Victory
Modern War
Falklands
First World War
Grenada

My top five picks:

Tour of Duty
Eagles Strike
Winter War
Dien Bien Phu
Red Victory

This series is probably the best for Solo play.
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Grim.Reaper


-budd-

After much contemplation here's what I think I will go with. Now to wait and see if I receive a gift card for the holidays, if not I'll pull the trigger by sales end. I reserve the right to switch titles out of course but I went back and forth a bunch already. The Proud and the Few, and Soviet-Afghan War are on the bubble, the rest are solid.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper


rahamy

Yes, wraps up tonight at 10 PM, EST. US
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Jarhead0331

I'm such a jerk. I wait until AFTER the sale to decide I must have an additional three titles.  :2funny:

Meh...I'm happy to support development in 2023.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2023, 05:39:25 PM
I'm such a jerk. I wait until AFTER the sale to decide I must have an additional three titles.  :2funny:

Meh...I'm happy to support development in 2023.

Well, I am the one who reminded everyone else the sale was ending but I ended up forgetting myself and remembered after the sale was already done...had my eye on a few different things but I guess will likely wait until the summer as I have other WDS games unplayed.  Just curious what (3) did you pick up?  I was having a hard time choosing between some squad battles, modern air, and Napoleonic titles.

rahamy

Just a note, the "BulkOrders" discount is always active... 20% off for orders over $199.00
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: rahamy on January 05, 2023, 06:59:57 PM
Just a note, the "BulkOrders" discount is always active... 20% off for orders over $199.00

Not looking to pickup 5 titles at once as I would have to explain to the wife:)  In this case, there was 2-3 I was considering.  No big deal...it's nice you guys have sales, much appreciated.  Just something for me to look forward to in June/July, unless you start to have other holiday sales:)