Main Menu

Friday in my hands

Started by Anguille, January 06, 2023, 05:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

Not the most famous song by Level 42 but by far my favorite single they made. Amazing guitars and bass.



I've been playing some Galactic Civilization 3 this week so i might play that this weekend. And then some Knights of Honor 2.

Have a great weekend!

Jarhead0331

My father loved Level 42. I remember he'd get home from work, pour himself a drink and groove out to Star Child. My mom would shout at him to turn it down and he'd grin at me, wink and turn it up...standing there in his underwear, playing air guitar.

Anyway...a bunch of WDS stuff I bought over the holiday, DCS and I've reinstalled Company of Heroes to try out some newly updated mods.

Enjoy everyone.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Geezer

Will probably play another scenario or two in Undaunted Stalingrad (boardgame), and work through some of the tutorials for Nebulous Fleet Command.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

Haven't played much PC games since I got the Meta Quest 2 VR device for the holidays.  Surprisingly it has consumed all my time and really enjoying it.  Although the device can give you a decent fitness workout while playing, the games themselves (at least the ones I am playing so far) are just entertaining/relaxing and doesn't require me to think a ton.  Beyond the games itself, still awestruck on just being in a VR world as I didn't previously understand how it would all look and work.  Can't imagine what the high-end devices look like since even this lower end option impresses me.  If I stick with it, maybe someday will upgrade but certainly enough for me now.  Based on Jarhead's recent advice, purchased the VTOL flight sim game and it's really cool as you completely interact with a virtual cockpit, not needing any other controllers.  Only downside on it so far, I tend to get motion sickness so trying to figure out ways to minimize that.  Of the games I currently own, luckily this is the only title where that has happened so far as that was a big fear of mine and my main reason for not jumping in sooner.

I was a holdout in joining the VR ranks but if you have the time and money, totally recommend you giving it a try.

Gusington

^Hoping to have some time to finally set up my VR set, maybe on Sunday. I also like Level 42, solid 80s sound.

Going to (successfully and without nerd rage!!) finish my Croatian campaign in Knights of Honor 2 - thank you to everyone here for helping me along out of the abyss of suckdom and into the light of success. Finally.

Also starting a 1212AD Attila Total War campaign as Bohemia or one of the Bulgarias as a palette cleanser and perhaps the Vlad Dracul campaign in Age of Empires 2.

Getting psyched for some WWI VR flying eventually too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

Wow Level 42 has got some really great sound. I was only exposed to their hit Something About You back in the day. I'm going to have to add them to my playlist! Thanks for that song!

Wife is back in school so that means Mike is gaming solo again  :'(. I'll probably end up playing some Dwarf Fortress, AoW Planetfall and I think I've actually found a potential survival shooter that Splattercat recommends: Stalker GAMMA. I'm going to is if it's better then Fallout 4 for a survival shooter. I'm sort of pumped as the Youtube stuff looks real promising.

Enjoy the Weekend!!!

Gusington

^Ooh post impressions of the STALKER gamma, please. Been looking forward to that for...ever :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Was expecting Real Folk Blues from Cowboy Bebop, but this was acceptable.  :coolsmiley:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

Fallout 3 - did Operation Anchorage, so I got me some new toys and helped the kid with the ant problem in Greyditch.

Dwarf Fortress on Steam (my gift to me) today is the 12th day of Christmas (Epiphany if you were wondering) and tonight is Twelfth Night.  ^-^

Level 42 is a band I tended to like - "Something About You", "Lessons in Love". Mark King did a project with Adrian Belew and Stewart Copeland and Vittorio Cosma called "Gizmodrome." check it out it's a bit goofy but it's a fun project.

and this weekend is when I get my anniversary coupon!

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

FarAway Sooner

Since my wife broke her foot this weekend, I'm going to be playing Kids' Chauffeur Simulator and Short Order Chef:  The Beginning most of the weekend.  If I'm able to sneak away for a few minutes, I'm going to have to choose between finishing off my Interstellar Space: Genesis game, starting a new DW2 game, or just continuing some good clean fun with Monster Train.

Unless I make it back to Grim Wanderings.  That is seeming a little less likely at this point, although anything is possible.

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2023, 09:52:41 AM

Getting psyched for some WWI VR flying eventually too.

Please tell me you're going to do that in Flying Circus...(It's $24 at the actual IL2 store right now)

solops

Shadow Empire plus hog hunting IRL.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Groggy

Man alive.Talk about a blast from the past with Level 42. Other than being forced to play a four hour session on Saturday of X-ray Tech Simulator w/ Orthopedic Clinic DLC I'll be going back to Escape from Tarkov and Vampire Survivors.

Take it easy grogs.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

Yes Father, Flying Circus and the much more arcadey Warplanes: WWI Fighters.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Groggy

Quote from: Geezer on January 06, 2023, 06:30:02 AM
Will probably play another scenario or two in Undaunted Stalingrad (boardgame), and work through some of the tutorials for Nebulous Fleet Command.

I had to hold off on Stalingrad and ended up cancelling my preorder of the game. I might reorder it next month for my birthday. I've been enjoying reading your AAR of the first few scenarios. Cheers.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman