Main Menu

Hold me like a Friday

Started by Anguille, April 07, 2023, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille


Don't have much time to play but i tend to switch between a few older games i haven't finished yet:

- Civilization 6
- Knights of Honor 2
- Stronghold Warlords
- Imperium Greek Wars
- Aggressors: Ancient Rome

Happy Easter guys.

Sir Slash

Solasta: Crown of the Magister for a little Hack & Slash done well. Happy Easter Grogs. Hope the Easter Bunny doesn't leave you any suspicious brown eggs in your basket.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids (Irish druids).

Happy spring holidays, all
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'll be playing The Great War: Western Front and maybe even fire up Distant Words 2 again. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

#4
Getting my frakking butt handed to me in Battlestar Galactica:Deadlock - I may have to restart the campaign but I plan on grabbing Broken Alliance (which I heard is not a bad idea because you don't have to do the first part over if you have Broken Alliance.

Sir Slash, there is an expansion coming to Solasta: Palace of Ice It expands the game world

I have Tainted Grail: Conquest of Avalon it is a very intriguing card and dark fantasy RPG. Great voice acting too.

Distant Worlds 2 has a new beta 1.1.3.4  - this one adds

a) Star field Density (like in DW:U) you can adjust the background stars.  AND

b) Nebula resolution depth- this like the Star field density can be adjusted in Settings.

Plus the previous open Beta added improvements in performance. So they are really doing QOLs it seems in this one.  I managed to survive my first war with the Mortalen, they had an offensive that raided and destroyed - two mining stations and research stations, but I managed to destroy their entire fleet. Which forced them to sue for peace.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Good to hear about DW2 beta.  If you do try it out let me know if it's worth my starting a new game just to check out the beta.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Sir Slash

I saw that expansion for Solasta CJ. It looks pretty good. Also, in the Steam Mods, somebody has figured out a way to up the party size to 6 from 4. I gotta check that out.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Just finished 13 straight hours of Shadow Empire. Break till the morning. Multi-front war imminent. Trying to get reactors and soil-mineral converters deployed.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Destraex

Battlestar Deadlock @cjreich46 is a great game. Very captivating. I have been meaning to get back to that game and do the expansions but never seem to get single player time. The way the ships including viper fighter squadrons and 3D space is done is brilliant. It's got most things you could ever want in a Battlestar game. Multiplayer is the only place it falls down, because set piece battles with no context and no meaningful re-enforcement system to add strategy during the game make it a little dull. It becomes more like a car race, the flag goes down and everybody knows exactly how many points the enemy will come at you with and that they have nothing better to do than look for you. No strategic points or terrain to take, no additional forces to tip the balance. All that good stuff that makes things less than repetitive.

I will be playing COH3 which has been a lot of fun thus far. Perhaps some star citizen as well.















"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

I hope I make it to DW2 this weekend.  I really am trying to score my first win in Campaign mode.  I think I'm in a good place, unless the Shakturi Axis comes along and wipes me from the face of the Earth.

I've got some pretty good ships.  Just not sure what's in store for me!

Pete Dero

Combat Mission and maybe a bit of Distant Worlds 2. 

I don't have the Factions DLC (yet) but Steam reviews are 100% positive !


Enjoy the weekend.

Phantom

Definitely Nevsky & possibly Fields of Glory.

Geezer

Picked up the Diablo 3 Prime Evil Collection for $20 (normally $60) and will be playing that for a while.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

^I loved playing Diablo 3 as the Necromancer. Mindless giddy fun! Almost a guilty pleasure.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd