Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3

Started by acctingman, July 19, 2023, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Two hours into the download and it's only a little over half done.   :knuppel2:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

glen55

I just played about half an hour last night. I didn't love the way it starts. You start out in kind of an odd, Diablo-looking place--I won't give more spoilers--but I didn't fully understand what was going on, who I was or where I was, and it turns out you have to fight quite a bit to get out if that mysterious place, if you even can which I wouldn't know because I got my butt handed to me after about 20 minutes of grinding combat.

So I will try easy mode, I guess, but I prefer being a bit more grounded in place, time and circumstances fairly early on or at least being given some excuse like I have amnesia or what not.

It looked great, though, and I like the turn-based interface. Everything seems quite slick.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

acctingman

Ok, BG3 has killed the Steam forums for me. I've never experienced such a toxic, childish, attention seeking group of assclowns in my entire life (yes, I know steam forums are shit, but damn......)

Larian forums are down too, so I'm going to hope some more of you kind folks say a few things before I take the plunge into the darkside  :tie1:

Grim.Reaper

Not sure anything we can say will change your decision, too big of a game to provide a lot of meaningful feedback so early.  Could always buy and try and return if under 2 hours.

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 04, 2023, 03:16:16 PMNot sure anything we can say will change your decision, too big of a game to provide a lot of meaningful feedback so early.  Could always buy and try and return if under 2 hours.

it's more an issue of I'm tired of overpaying for overhyped and buggy games. I'll just lurk and strike when the time is right  :azn:

jamus34

My opinion not owning the game but from things I've heard.

There's going to be bugs (unavoidable with a game this size)

And if you like either the general D&D format or Larian games this is a must buy.

Just my $.02
Insert witty comment here.

acctingman

Bought it.....I'm so weak  :Loser:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: glen55 on August 04, 2023, 12:51:03 PMI just played about half an hour last night. I didn't love the way it starts. You start out in kind of an odd, Diablo-looking place--I won't give more spoilers--but I didn't fully understand what was going on, who I was or where I was, and it turns out you have to fight quite a bit to get out if that mysterious place, if you even can which I wouldn't know because I got my butt handed to me after about 20 minutes of grinding combat.

Is this the battle where the Mind Flayer is battling against Imps and an enemy named Commander Zhalk ?

Spoiler :

You'll need to bypass the Mind Flayer as he's far too strong (leave him to Zhalk) - The game hints you to ignore the battle and head directly to the helm.

Didn't find how to hide the spoiler text so I made it a bit difficult to read.

Sir Slash

I'm hanging around to see who's going to be first to admit they had sex with a bear? I'm thinking it's gonna be.....Hmmm?  :whistle:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

Oh, it will be Gus, no doubt

Have about an hour in and I can see why there has been so many positive things said about this game. I really hope they allow mods or DLC's (which I heard they aren't, but I can hope). No bugs so far.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Geezer on August 04, 2023, 12:03:11 PMTwo hours into the download and it's only a little over half done.   :knuppel2:

This is what work and church are for.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 05, 2023, 03:37:08 AMDidn't find how to hide the spoiler text so I made it a bit difficult to read.

Spoiler functionality was removed in the migration to the new engine. You've got the best altnerative I've seen so far.  :ThumbsUp:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DetCord

People are saying this is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I understand it's depth is making AAA pubs poop their pants, but what are the opinions of those that are fairly deep into it?