Maybe future competitor to Victoria...Gilded Destiny

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 22, 2023, 07:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Saw this today, not much discussed about it but if ti ever happens, seems very interesting....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2189430/Gilded_Destiny/

Gilded Destiny is a grand strategy game depicting the transformative era of the Industrial Revolution. You will take the helm of the country of your choice and transform it from a backward agrarian society to an industrial powerhouse. The game is a deep simulation of societal transformation, industrialization, the economy, warfare, and diplomacy.

A massive globe consists of over 1 million+ hexagons with distinct biomes, terrains, and weather patterns reflecting the real world—all in beautiful 3D.
Intricate global supply and demand simulation paired with large selection of productions and factories.
Pausable real time gameplay.

Experience the transformative era of Industrial Revolution as it happens.
Complex development mechanics from province resource, city building, to factory construction. Unlike your typical GSG, physical placement of buildings matters!
Realistic simulation of population, culture, migration, assimilation, and career change to reflect the massive societal change of the time.
Unlock groundbreaking technological breakthroughs and research to propel your nation on a path of industrialization.
Define and execute your own leadership strategy. Shape your country's governing policies to match your vision. Economic, labor, social, diplomatic, and military policies are all at your fingertips. Suppress a domestic labor strike, while you wage war with your hostile neighbor, and sign a peace treaty with your old enemy!
A flexible leader management system allows you to appoint leaders to political, research, and military positions. With both historical and fictional characters to pick from, you can explore all possible timelines!
Name everything! Every country, province, and even city can be renamed as you desire to fit your alternate history scenario. When starting a game, you can even create your own country and design your own flag directly in game.

The technological breakthroughs of the era that fundamentally changed the face of war will be reflected.
Direct control of military units to achieve your objectives. While AI will automate many routine aspects of warfare, you are never prevented from issuing orders directly to specific units.
Control of vital railway / transit hubs will have great logistical importance to your industrial output and ability to sustain a war.

The game is built with an editor to make altering the world a cakewalk.
Most contents are directly moddable, giving you a great degree of freedom to remake the game to your imagination.
Mods will be supported through the Steam Workshop.

undercovergeek

Sure we've got this somewhere else but yep deffo watching

Grim.Reaper

#2
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 22, 2023, 08:15:31 AMSure we've got this somewhere else but yep deffo watching

Doing a search didn't produce any past threads on this one, unless I somehow missed it..  I noticed it on Facebook feed this morning, maybe iit was discussed in the other board's forum.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 22, 2023, 08:23:08 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 22, 2023, 08:15:31 AMSure we've got this somewhere else but yep deffo watching

Doing a search didn't produce any past threads on this one, unless I somehow missed it..  I noticed it on Facebook feed this morning, maybe iit was discussed in the other board's forum.

My fault 🤦�♂️

It is elsewhere!

Anguille


WallysWorld

I'll be keeping an eye on this as well. Thanks for the heads-up.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

FarAway Sooner

Interesting.  I've always enjoyed the 4x games that put a little more emphasis on internal development than the "Xterminate" option. 

I've also thought that the need to conquer the world to win was a bit absolutist.  Games that leave more space to "grow your country the way you want to" strike me as more realistic.  I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Anguille

I am also happy to see an alternative to the Europa Universalis formula. Some fresh air. :tophat:

JasonPratt

I don't think the Paradox Europa/Clauswitz engines have EVER been 'only win by conquering the world'.  :huh: And I've played them off and on since EU2 (when I tried to set up a Russian state on the west coast of North America. Badly.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)