Main Menu

Take it to the FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, July 28, 2023, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tripoli

RIP Randy Meisner

BoC work for me.  Finishing up a small scenario in CMO.  Wrapping up phase one of my AAR in Rule the Waves.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

More Field of Glory 2: Medieval with some Knights of Honor 2, Crusader Kings 2 and maybe a dash of A Plague Tale - Requiem.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Trying out Baldur's Gate 3 (early access) to get ready for full release next week.

Have a cool weekend.

Geezer

Playing Farthest Frontier.  Having fun so far, but I've barely scratched the surface of what looks like a pretty deep city builder.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Anguille

Have been playing a good game as Sparta in Imperium Greek Wars this week. I intend to complete it.

W8taminute

I've been playing a lot of WW1 Tannenberg in a desperate attempt to find an FPS to replace my beloved Heroes & Generals (which is now permanently shutdown).
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Playing with bots or people?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Still on my choppy-chop trip on the Chivalry 2 trail - playing and trying to max my archer class as I'm a masochist at the moment.

Otherwise, the estate workings I mentioned last week has turned up a bonus for me: a no-shit box of D&D stuff from a corner in the attic.  All the materials inside were in really, really remarkable condition for being squirreled away for an untold number of years.  Also, several boxes/sets of miniatures from Grenadier to boot!  Made this fat, old man giggle, it did.  Pity I never found a supposed 2nd box of rpg things, but the Mom was veeerrrryyy religious, so I'm assuming it got tossed in the Satanic Panic years at some point.

The rpg nostalgia has made me look at my Traveller items and commenced me to ponderin'...

Anyway, if anyone is in mid-NC close to the SC line and looking to buy old peoples' things this weekend, hit me up in DMs for the details of the sale!  TTFN!


SirAndrewD

Yet even more Jagged Alliance 3 and DCS.  Contemplating getting Aliens Dark Descent on sale tonight though.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: solops on July 28, 2023, 12:41:40 PMUA Dreadnaughts

Has the campaign finally fixed the problem of all the major nations overspending and collapsing after about 5 years in game?

Kept ruining it for me.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

#11
Several patches addressed it. Have not played in a while. I hope so. There have been lots of fixes in the last three months. The way nations collapse may have changed, too.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: solops on July 28, 2023, 01:02:54 PMSeveral patches addressed it. Have not played in a while. I hope so. There have been lots of fixes in the last three months.

Here's hoping.

My last campaign terminated on June 11 when the British Empire and France both collapsed before 1900.

Just couldn't deal with seeing all of Europe go anarchy and Mad Max in such a short time.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2023, 11:03:04 AM^Playing with bots or people?

A little bit of both actually. 

The people seem nice in this community/game and I'm actually doing well fighting against other humans.  I get the impression that most people are used to fast paced shooters whereas I'm ok with taking my time in a WW1 style shootout. 

Ironically, when playing against medium difficulty bots I get smoked pretty bad.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I tried Tannenberg with bots years ago and got destroyed every single time  :huh:
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd