Main Menu

Take it to the FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, July 28, 2023, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2023, 01:38:56 PMI tried Tannenberg with bots years ago and got destroyed every single time  :huh:

Bots can sometimes be worse than people.

For example, I have a much harder time in DCS vs AI than I do vs Humans.  AI even when it's kind of poor doesn't tend to make the same mistakes a human makes.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

I guess I can attribute my failure against the bots to the game mode I love the most.  I just can't seem to keep up with them when it comes to capturing sectors. 

But against humans it's a bit easier.  Everyone seems to not understand working together as a team to capture trenches so I pick on lone wolves easily from the safety of my own trenches. 

I play the capture the sectors mode exclusively.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on July 28, 2023, 01:40:41 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2023, 01:38:56 PMI tried Tannenberg with bots years ago and got destroyed every single time  :huh:

Bots can sometimes be worse than people.

For example, I have a much harder time in DCS vs AI than I do vs Humans.  AI even when it's kind of poor doesn't tend to make the same mistakes a human makes.

I'm seeing exactly that same behavior in Tannenberg.  People don't know how to properly approach and storm trenches whereas the bots are merciless and brutal in their methodical attacks.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on July 28, 2023, 01:45:13 PMI'm seeing exactly that same behavior in Tannenberg.  People don't know how to properly approach and storm trenches whereas the bots are merciless and brutal in their methodical attacks.

Yeah, that's the thing.  AI, for its many failings in these kinds of games can be superior to people.

In DCS a human is having to manage a lot at once, and deal with his own mental issues of avoiding friendly fire, forgetting a key bind, understanding if the target he has is the right one, and doing the proper tactics in a merged dogfight.

AI doesn't have those limitations, it always knows who is who, it can instantly multitask and never hesitates.  It may be inferior in skill to a human but those attributes make up for it many times.

Even abysmal AI in an FPS can be a problem.  I saw it a lot playing Enlisted.  The squad bots were terrible on a level that is hard to describe, but they always knew when they were being shot at, always responded instantly, and typically never missed. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Groggy

Helluva rough week with both Sinead O' Connor and Randy Meisner gone. Heavy gut punches.

I'll only have time to continue with my female necromancer in Diablo 4. Love this game.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Destraex

#22
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 - Been really enjoying this lately. So smooth and polished for an early BETA. I love a lot of the new GUI interface features.

Hell Let Loose - This is the most populous game for the realism punch I know of. Easily a replacement for Heroes and Generals I would think. BTW I hear that Heroes and Generals 2 is being made??

Company of Heroes 2 & 3 COH2 but mainly 3. 3 feels much better than 2, especially in the arena of "time to death" for units.

Boltgun Edit: just finished this game.

Here are some fun photos of a museum I was at 7 days ago, I know some of us here like tanks;





















"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Taking a cold shower after looking at Destraex's HOT pics.  :Dreamer: After taking care of my own yard, I'll be trimming Stalin's front yard in WitE 1. Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Yeah Slash, I need to take a cold one too.  Those pictures are amazing!  Thanks for sharing Destraex.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

FarAway Sooner

Are some of us more turned on by tanks than by our preferred gender?  Only here, I tell you, only here!  Great pictures, Destraex!   :masterchief:

I have tried getting back into Stellaris after a few years away, but even with a few DLC added, it's just not doing it for me.  I'm not sure why.  The early game now just feels very dry and formulaic.

So I turned back to DW2, and found myself restarting my game 4 times last night because I kept getting crappy starts.  I'm okay with a little adversity, but when I find myself sandwiched between 2 empires in the same tenth of the board it just kind of bums me out (I'm playing with 7 AI total on a Medium map). 

Not sure whether to keep tilting up that hill or jump over to Nephilim Saga.  Not bad choices, I guess.

Gusington

Thanks for posting those shots, Des. Tiny Teddy is my spirit animal.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And your professional name? Or was that, 'Theodore'?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

IDK...It's ok to love a tank, just not LOVE a tank.  Because it might hurt.  LOL
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk