Main Menu

Guild Wars 2

Started by Huw the Poo, September 01, 2012, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

The Elementalist is definitely one of the most interesting classes.
With the 4 Element attunements they are certainly a versatile support/artillery class.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Tpek on September 13, 2012, 05:52:13 PM
The Elementalist is definitely one of the most interesting classes.
With the 4 Element attunements they are certainly a versatile support/artillery class.

I've tried them all, and I have to say that the Ranger really takes the cake for me. Had melee like a Warrior, ranged like an Engineer/Elementalist, pets like a Necro, and mobility like a Thief. What isn't there to love?!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on September 13, 2012, 05:52:13 PM
The Elementalist is definitely one of the most interesting classes.
With the 4 Element attunements they are certainly a versatile support/artillery class.

I have been a bit surprised at how the Elementalist, dual-wielding in Earth Attunement, is actually a good bit more survivable so that helps in smaller than normal groups and solo'ing big'uns with him.

Question:  What class has the best healing potential?  I see the Ele has a few odds & ends for group heals, as does some other classes.  Which one has the best & most spammable, however?

Bison

The Guardian has some party style heals and procs. 

son_of_montfort

I think the Elementalist is the class with some of the best targetable heals. Guardian has good heals that fire off his attacks (as Bison points out) and some AoE skill heals. The Engineer may be the closest to a designated support class. They have a lot of buffing and healing potions they can throw.

But all classes can fulfill different roles depending on build. Warriors even have group buffs (but fewer heals).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

They need someone at Playboy to come down and airbrush out the breast implant scars:





:-*

Tuna

One of my Son's ID's got hacked.. the person changed it on him.. he received the email today, but no way to stop it in time.. Hopefully their tech support will do the right thing quickly..


Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on September 14, 2012, 10:13:50 PM
One of my Son's ID's got hacked.. the person changed it on him.. he received the email today, but no way to stop it in time.. Hopefully their tech support will do the right thing quickly..

I hope his email address' password isn't the same as his GW2 password, too.  :-\

Tuna

I told himto make sure it's different. My other son's  ID is ok, but I made him change the password anyways.
:'(

Huw the Poo

That sucks, Tuna.  I'm sure ArenaNet will get it sorted.  They are prioritising account hack support tickets, too, so hopefully it won't take long.

Huw the Poo

I've had a massive DUR! moment.  It has taken me until today to realise just how useful it is to swap weapon sets in combat.  Previously I'd only been doing it with my ranger to switch between ranged and melee combat, but today I finally realised that it's useful to be able to use two sets of skills.  Rattle through some skills, switch, rattle through some more, then your first set will probably all be off cooldown and ready to use again.  Heh.  My guardian dishes out a lot more damage now. :D

Nefaro

I'm diggin' the Warriors huge range of options on that account.   8)

Huw the Poo

Yeah, it works really well for the guardian too.  I start with a greatsword which is a very offensive weapon.  I leap in, blinding my enemy, then unleash a volley of offensive skills.  Then I switch to my sword/shield and start activating more tankish abilities to let me stay alive for the second half of the fight.  My enemy is usually dead very quickly after, even a couple of levels above me, but on the offchance they aren't I just switch back to greatsword again or start playing with my utility skills.

I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but I love Guild Wars 2.

Huw the Poo

BEHOLD!  Here is my guardian Ffion Llewellyn again.  She's made her way through the first major Norn area, Wayfarer's Foothills, and has arrived at a roadside keep in Snowden Drifts - the heart of the Shiverpeak Mountains.



Look at the size of the tits sword on that!

bob48

Well, I just hope she has her extra-thick wooly knickers on.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!