Main Menu

Guild Wars 2

Started by Huw the Poo, September 01, 2012, 07:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

If you play pvp or a world battle area, you can be killed by others.

You can also buy points to get things like extra character slots from the micro-purchase store.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks...likely will pick up today while I am out running errands...too weak:)

son_of_montfort

For some reason I see JH really digging this game. But be sure to be a Charr. They are basically a cross between the Roman empire, Space Marines and the Kilrathi.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2012, 10:20:52 AM
Thanks...likely will pick up today while I am out running errands...too weak:)

It's not weakness, it's good taste. ;)

Grim.Reaper

well. bought it and now installing:)

Bison

Yay!  Check out the Guild Wars 2 guild thread in the opponents/ally subform.  Several of us have posted our names that you need to link us as friends.  You can also have Tpek send you a guild invite.

Grim.Reaper

Sounds good....are you able to switch servers at will or are you locked into only one?

Bison

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2012, 04:47:10 PM
Sounds good....are you able to switch servers at will or are you locked into only one?

You get "locked".  If you want to switch after the fact, it'll cost you a few bucks.  Tpek and I are on the same server.  Not sure about SoM, but I know Huw is on a Euro server.

Grim.Reaper

Install process is long...now seems to be downloading updates, at the current rate, might not be able to even play until tomorrow:(

Huw the Poo

Nah there shouldn't be too much to download.  Since launch there have been daily updates but I don't think any of them have been bigger than 50MB.  What's your first character going to be?

Grim.Reaper

#55
Strange...I am currently at about 200MB being downloaded and says I am only at 2% being done.  Says there is over 60,000 files to update...can't believe there is that many after just installing from the disc the first time.

I believe I will be starting as human warrior.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on September 03, 2012, 04:58:17 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2012, 04:47:10 PM
Sounds good....are you able to switch servers at will or are you locked into only one?

You get "locked".  If you want to switch after the fact, it'll cost you a few bucks.  Tpek and I are on the same server.  Not sure about SoM, but I know Huw is on a Euro server.

I believe I am on a different (NA) server. You get one server switch for free, at least for a few weeks. As I said, I think there is a way to play across servers, but I don't really know how ATM.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 03, 2012, 05:29:14 PM
Strange...I am currently at about 200MB being downloaded and says I am only at 2% being done.

I believe I will be starting as human warrior.

Ah, perhaps the client I downloaded shortly before launch was much more up to date than the retail client. :(

Grim.Reaper

Maybe that is it....just stunned over 60,000 files to update after installing from the disc:(  Must have gone gold a long time ago when many more updates were made.

Huw the Poo

(via Rock Paper Shotgun)

Apparently Guild Wars 2 is the first PC game to top the all-format charts since 2010 in the UK. :D